Sherri Shepherd Confirms 'The View' Exit, Jenny McCarthy May Follow Next
"The View" is losing another of its co-hosts. Just a little over a month after Barbara Walters' retirement, Sherri Shepherd now announces that she's leaving the show too. "It's been seven wonderful years on 'The View' and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on," she says in a statement.
She adds, "I am extremely grateful to Barbara Walters and Bill Gedde for giving me the opportunity. I look forward to the business opportunities that lay ahead for me and I am incredibly grateful to my View family and my fans for supporting me on this journey."
Jenny McCarthy, who was just added to the panel last September to replace Elisabeth Hasselbeck, reportedly will follow suit. Words are, the show is currently looking for Shepherd and McCarthy's replacements and only Whoopi Goldberg is staying on the show.
According to TMZ, Ross Mathews and Jesse Palmer are being considered to fill the empty chairs. The site also reports that executive producer Bill Geddie may not return too.
ABC has not commented on the shake-up, but does hint at a major change for next season. The network says in a statement in Broadcasting and Cable, " 'The View' will be moving in an exciting new direction next season and ABC has made decisions to evolve the show creatively."
Shepherd has had a career as an actress and comedian before joining "The View" as a guest co-host in 2006. She was promoted to a permanent co-host a year later.
Last season, "The View" bid farewell to co-hosts Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Behar.
More The View News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?