Sherri Shepherd Confirms 'The View' Exit, Jenny McCarthy May Follow Next
"The View" is losing another of its co-hosts. Just a little over a month after Barbara Walters' retirement, Sherri Shepherd now announces that she's leaving the show too. "It's been seven wonderful years on 'The View' and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on," she says in a statement.
She adds, "I am extremely grateful to Barbara Walters and Bill Gedde for giving me the opportunity. I look forward to the business opportunities that lay ahead for me and I am incredibly grateful to my View family and my fans for supporting me on this journey."
Jenny McCarthy, who was just added to the panel last September to replace Elisabeth Hasselbeck, reportedly will follow suit. Words are, the show is currently looking for Shepherd and McCarthy's replacements and only Whoopi Goldberg is staying on the show.
According to TMZ, Ross Mathews and Jesse Palmer are being considered to fill the empty chairs. The site also reports that executive producer Bill Geddie may not return too.
ABC has not commented on the shake-up, but does hint at a major change for next season. The network says in a statement in Broadcasting and Cable, " 'The View' will be moving in an exciting new direction next season and ABC has made decisions to evolve the show creatively."
Shepherd has had a career as an actress and comedian before joining "The View" as a guest co-host in 2006. She was promoted to a permanent co-host a year later.
Last season, "The View" bid farewell to co-hosts Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Behar.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'