Hope Solo Apologizes for Domestic Violence Case: 'I Love My Family'
Soccer star Hope Solo broke her silence over the family drama that led to her being accused of domestic violence. The 32-year-old apologized to her fans, teammates and others in a lengthy Facebook post, saying, "I love my family dearly."
Solo was arrested last weekend for allegedly assaulting her sister and nephew at a house party. She reportedly made a comment about her 17-year-old nephew's weight. Her sister stepped in and the argument escalated into a fight. Solo pleaded not guilty when she appeared in Kirkland Municipal Court on Monday, June 23.
"I would like to apologize to my fans, teammates, coaches, marketing partners and the entire US soccer and Seattle Reign FC communities for my involvement in a highly unfortunate incident this past weekend," she said. "I understand that as a public figure, I am held to a higher standard of conduct."
She continued, "I love my family dearly. We, like all families, have our challenges but my sincere hope is that we are able to resolve this situation as a family. Adversity has always made us stronger and I know this situation will be no different."
Solo is hoping that her name will be cleared soon and she can continue defending the goal post for the National Women's Soccer League's Seattle Reign FC. She is due to play a home game this Saturday.
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?
- Kesha's Mother Admits She Has No Firsthand Personal Knowledge of Alleged Rape by Dr. Luke
- Meet Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes' Youngest Daughter Amada
- Tyga Premieres Fun Video for 'Flossin' Featuring His Son King Cairo
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs