Hope Solo Apologizes for Domestic Violence Case: 'I Love My Family'
Soccer star Hope Solo broke her silence over the family drama that led to her being accused of domestic violence. The 32-year-old apologized to her fans, teammates and others in a lengthy Facebook post, saying, "I love my family dearly."
Solo was arrested last weekend for allegedly assaulting her sister and nephew at a house party. She reportedly made a comment about her 17-year-old nephew's weight. Her sister stepped in and the argument escalated into a fight. Solo pleaded not guilty when she appeared in Kirkland Municipal Court on Monday, June 23.
"I would like to apologize to my fans, teammates, coaches, marketing partners and the entire US soccer and Seattle Reign FC communities for my involvement in a highly unfortunate incident this past weekend," she said. "I understand that as a public figure, I am held to a higher standard of conduct."
She continued, "I love my family dearly. We, like all families, have our challenges but my sincere hope is that we are able to resolve this situation as a family. Adversity has always made us stronger and I know this situation will be no different."
Solo is hoping that her name will be cleared soon and she can continue defending the goal post for the National Women's Soccer League's Seattle Reign FC. She is due to play a home game this Saturday.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked