Sharon Stone and Mallika Sherawat Deny Antonio Banderas Romance
Sharon Stone refused to be named the woman behind Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith's split. "They are my family," Stone said soon after the rumor emerged on Grazia magazine on Thursday, June 26.
Griffith filed for divorce from Banderas on June 6, citing irreconcilable differences as the reason of their separation. The 56-year-old actress had been married to the 53-year-old actor for 18 years and has a teenage daughter with him.
Grazia claimed Stone and Banderas were an item. "Antonio and Sharon have been great friends for years. They have always flirted outrageously, and now they're closer than ever. It's all very relaxed at the moment and they want to keep it quiet out of respect for Melanie, but there's no denying the spark is there," the magazine reported.
Stone quickly denied it in a statement to Mail Online, "Antonio is a brother to me and Melanie has been with me for each and every birth of my three children. They are my family." She added, "I find this salacious, unkind, unfounded reporting to be the typical pretense of what passes as 'journalism' today."
Stone was not the only one to come forward with a denial. Bollywood actress Mallika Sherawat said she had nothing to do with Banderas and Griffith's split. "Antonio Banderas is a wonderful man, a great dancer and an acquaintance of mine," Sherawat told E! News. "I did not go on any vacation with him, and I'm sorry he's going through a divorce."
Sherawat addressed the false claim made by a stylist named Ivan Bitton who said he saw Sherawat and Banderas engaging in PDA. "I don't know what he's even talking about now," she said. "I haven't been in touch with Ivan since I fired him. Whatever he's saying about me is ridiculous."
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs