Gary Oldman Apologizes Again for His Playboy Controversial Remarks: 'I'm an A**hole'
Shortly after issuing an apology to the Anti-Defamation League following his comment about Jewish people in an interview with Playboy, Gary Oldman apologized again during an appearance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!". Speaking to host Jimmy Kimmel in the Wednesday, June 25 episode, he explained, "I said some things that were poorly considered and once I had seen it in print I could see that it was offensive, insensitive, pernicious, and ill-informed."
"Words have meaning. They carry weight and they carry on long after you've said them and I don't condone or excuse the words I used in any context. I just basically shouldn't have used them in any context, but I did and I have deeply injured and wounded a great many people," he continued.
"So, I appreciate you having me here and extending your hospitality to put me in this seat once again and it gives me the opportunity to say to those people that I from my heart, I am profoundly sorry and deeply apologetic. Especially to the fans because they have been so incredible to me and very loyal. My nickname [for them is] 'Team Oldman' and I really feel that I let them down. I'm a public figure. I should be an example and an inspiration, and I'm an a**hole. I'm 56 and should know better," the "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" star added.
Although Oldman issued an apology on Tuesday, the ADL felt that it was not enough. "We have just begun a conversation with his managing producer," said Abraham H. Foxman, national director of the ADL, as reported by Variety. "At this point, we are not satisfied with what we have received. His apology is insufficient and not satisfactory."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones