Avicii's Boston Concert Ends With Dozens of Fans Getting Hospitalized
Dozens of fans attending Avicii's concert in Boston on Wednesday, June 25 were hospitalized. According to a report from The Boston Globe, ambulances were spotted at the TD Garden to transport around 38 people from the venue to nearest hospitals. Meanwhile, 50 people were treated at the venue.
The hospitalized concergoers were mostly aged between 16 and 25. The incident happened after they consumed "a dangerous substance," according to an EMS worker. Fortunately, there were no fatalities. According to medical service representatives, none of those hospitalized faced symptoms that were life-threatening.
Tricia McCorkle, director of communications at TD Garden, has issued a statement regarding the incident, saying there were a "number of transports due to medical issues." A spokeswoman for Avicii hasn't returned an email seeking comment.
The news comes just days after two people died after attending electronic music festival Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas last weekend. Authorities said on Monday that it would take several weeks to determine what caused the deaths.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie