Avicii's Boston Concert Ends With Dozens of Fans Getting Hospitalized
Dozens of fans attending Avicii's concert in Boston on Wednesday, June 25 were hospitalized. According to a report from The Boston Globe, ambulances were spotted at the TD Garden to transport around 38 people from the venue to nearest hospitals. Meanwhile, 50 people were treated at the venue.
The hospitalized concergoers were mostly aged between 16 and 25. The incident happened after they consumed "a dangerous substance," according to an EMS worker. Fortunately, there were no fatalities. According to medical service representatives, none of those hospitalized faced symptoms that were life-threatening.
Tricia McCorkle, director of communications at TD Garden, has issued a statement regarding the incident, saying there were a "number of transports due to medical issues." A spokeswoman for Avicii hasn't returned an email seeking comment.
The news comes just days after two people died after attending electronic music festival Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas last weekend. Authorities said on Monday that it would take several weeks to determine what caused the deaths.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce