Avicii's Boston Concert Ends With Dozens of Fans Getting Hospitalized
Dozens of fans attending Avicii's concert in Boston on Wednesday, June 25 were hospitalized. According to a report from The Boston Globe, ambulances were spotted at the TD Garden to transport around 38 people from the venue to nearest hospitals. Meanwhile, 50 people were treated at the venue.
The hospitalized concergoers were mostly aged between 16 and 25. The incident happened after they consumed "a dangerous substance," according to an EMS worker. Fortunately, there were no fatalities. According to medical service representatives, none of those hospitalized faced symptoms that were life-threatening.
Tricia McCorkle, director of communications at TD Garden, has issued a statement regarding the incident, saying there were a "number of transports due to medical issues." A spokeswoman for Avicii hasn't returned an email seeking comment.
The news comes just days after two people died after attending electronic music festival Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas last weekend. Authorities said on Monday that it would take several weeks to determine what caused the deaths.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'