Avicii's Boston Concert Ends With Dozens of Fans Getting Hospitalized
Dozens of fans attending Avicii's concert in Boston on Wednesday, June 25 were hospitalized. According to a report from The Boston Globe, ambulances were spotted at the TD Garden to transport around 38 people from the venue to nearest hospitals. Meanwhile, 50 people were treated at the venue.
The hospitalized concergoers were mostly aged between 16 and 25. The incident happened after they consumed "a dangerous substance," according to an EMS worker. Fortunately, there were no fatalities. According to medical service representatives, none of those hospitalized faced symptoms that were life-threatening.
Tricia McCorkle, director of communications at TD Garden, has issued a statement regarding the incident, saying there were a "number of transports due to medical issues." A spokeswoman for Avicii hasn't returned an email seeking comment.
The news comes just days after two people died after attending electronic music festival Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas last weekend. Authorities said on Monday that it would take several weeks to determine what caused the deaths.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says