Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Break Free' on One-Day Revival of MTV's 'TRL'
MTV is bringing back "Total Request Live". The network has announced that it's reviving the iconic music show for one day only with Sway Calloway as the host and singer Ariana Grande as the guest performer.
The half-hour special is set to air from MTV's Times Square studio on Wednesday, July 2 at 07:00 P.M. ET/PT. Grande is slated to perform "Break Free", her newest single that features EDM powerhouse Zedd, as well as a stripped-down version of her hit single "Problem".
MTV also says that the 21-year-old entertainer will have her hip-hop knowledge tested in a "Hip Hop Mix Up" game. She's expected to make a surprise announcement too.
Grande has shared her excitement to be a part of "TRL". "It's a huge honor to be able to bring back a show like 'TRL', I used to love watching it growing up," she said in statement. "Can't wait to celebrate with my loves in Times Square. Might have some surprises too."
"TRL" first aired in 1998 with Carson Daly and Damien Fahey among its hosts. It was one of the last music shows on MTV when it ended its 10-year run in 2008.
More Ariana Grande News
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates