Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Break Free' on One-Day Revival of MTV's 'TRL'
MTV is bringing back "Total Request Live". The network has announced that it's reviving the iconic music show for one day only with Sway Calloway as the host and singer Ariana Grande as the guest performer.
The half-hour special is set to air from MTV's Times Square studio on Wednesday, July 2 at 07:00 P.M. ET/PT. Grande is slated to perform "Break Free", her newest single that features EDM powerhouse Zedd, as well as a stripped-down version of her hit single "Problem".
MTV also says that the 21-year-old entertainer will have her hip-hop knowledge tested in a "Hip Hop Mix Up" game. She's expected to make a surprise announcement too.
Grande has shared her excitement to be a part of "TRL". "It's a huge honor to be able to bring back a show like 'TRL', I used to love watching it growing up," she said in statement. "Can't wait to celebrate with my loves in Times Square. Might have some surprises too."
"TRL" first aired in 1998 with Carson Daly and Damien Fahey among its hosts. It was one of the last music shows on MTV when it ended its 10-year run in 2008.
More Ariana Grande News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie