Sarah Jessica Parker Plots TV Return With Crime Thriller Pilot 'Busted'
Sarah Jessica Parker is eyeing a TV return with a police crime thriller based on non-fiction book "Busted: A Tale of Corruption and Betrayal in the City of Brotherly Love" by Wendy Ruderman and Barbara Laker. The "Sex and the City" alumna is on board to take one of the lead roles in the drama pilot.
The book chronicles Philadelphia Daily News reporters Ruderman and Laker's efforts to uncover one of the biggest police corruption scandals in Philadelphia's history. Don Roos will write the pilot, while David Frankel is set to direct and executive produce the pilot.
"Wendy and Barbara have written an amazing true story, and we're thrilled for it to be SKE's first television project," Frankel and Jim Tauber, president of Sidney Kimmel Entertainment which has obtained the rights to the book, say in a statement. "Sarah Jessica's coming on board, along with David Frankel and Don Roos is simply a perfect combination that we couldn't be happier about."
According to Deadline, SKE will not shop the project until the rest of the cast line-up is set.
After "Sex and the City" ended its run in 2004, Parker went on starring in a number of films, including the two movie adaptations of the hit HBO series. She also recurred in season 4 of "Glee" as Isabelle Wright, Kurt's mentor at Vogue.com.
More Sarah Jessica Parker News
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill