Sarah Jessica Parker Plots TV Return With Crime Thriller Pilot 'Busted'
Sarah Jessica Parker is eyeing a TV return with a police crime thriller based on non-fiction book "Busted: A Tale of Corruption and Betrayal in the City of Brotherly Love" by Wendy Ruderman and Barbara Laker. The "Sex and the City" alumna is on board to take one of the lead roles in the drama pilot.
The book chronicles Philadelphia Daily News reporters Ruderman and Laker's efforts to uncover one of the biggest police corruption scandals in Philadelphia's history. Don Roos will write the pilot, while David Frankel is set to direct and executive produce the pilot.
"Wendy and Barbara have written an amazing true story, and we're thrilled for it to be SKE's first television project," Frankel and Jim Tauber, president of Sidney Kimmel Entertainment which has obtained the rights to the book, say in a statement. "Sarah Jessica's coming on board, along with David Frankel and Don Roos is simply a perfect combination that we couldn't be happier about."
According to Deadline, SKE will not shop the project until the rest of the cast line-up is set.
After "Sex and the City" ended its run in 2004, Parker went on starring in a number of films, including the two movie adaptations of the hit HBO series. She also recurred in season 4 of "Glee" as Isabelle Wright, Kurt's mentor at Vogue.com.
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!