Sarah Jessica Parker Plots TV Return With Crime Thriller Pilot 'Busted'
Sarah Jessica Parker is eyeing a TV return with a police crime thriller based on non-fiction book "Busted: A Tale of Corruption and Betrayal in the City of Brotherly Love" by Wendy Ruderman and Barbara Laker. The "Sex and the City" alumna is on board to take one of the lead roles in the drama pilot.
The book chronicles Philadelphia Daily News reporters Ruderman and Laker's efforts to uncover one of the biggest police corruption scandals in Philadelphia's history. Don Roos will write the pilot, while David Frankel is set to direct and executive produce the pilot.
"Wendy and Barbara have written an amazing true story, and we're thrilled for it to be SKE's first television project," Frankel and Jim Tauber, president of Sidney Kimmel Entertainment which has obtained the rights to the book, say in a statement. "Sarah Jessica's coming on board, along with David Frankel and Don Roos is simply a perfect combination that we couldn't be happier about."
According to Deadline, SKE will not shop the project until the rest of the cast line-up is set.
After "Sex and the City" ended its run in 2004, Parker went on starring in a number of films, including the two movie adaptations of the hit HBO series. She also recurred in season 4 of "Glee" as Isabelle Wright, Kurt's mentor at Vogue.com.
More Sarah Jessica Parker News
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair