Bryan Singer Accuser Withdraws Sex Abuse Lawsuit Against Garth Ancier
Michael Egan III, who filed lawsuits against director Bryan Singer and three Hollywood executives earlier this year and accused them of sex abuse, has voluntarily withdrawn his case against one of the men Garth Ancier. The dismissal, however, was without prejudice which means he can re-file it in the future.
Ancier's attorney has released a statement to respond to the news. In the statement, Louise Ann Fernandez of Jeffer, Mangels, Butler & Mitchell LLP said, "We are pleased the case filed in Hawaii against Mr. Ancier has been dropped given it had no merit whatsoever."
"Mr. Ancier was undeserving of the stain to his reputation caused by the plaintiff's reckless complaint, which was grounded in lies. We are equally confident that just as this case imploded when the facts became known, any further legal maneuvers or gimmicks will fail because unsupported statements, falsehoods and character smears have no place in any court," Fernandez continued.
Egan filed the lawsuit against the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" director in April and the other three suits against Ancier, David Neuman and Gary Goddard followed the next week. The four men have filed motions to dismiss the case.
In early June, Egan dismissed the case against Neuman. Two days later, he filed a new one, alleging that the sex abuse took place in Los Angeles between 1998 and 1999. In the previous case, Egan claimed that Neuman also abused him in Hawaii.
In addition to the lawsuit launched by Egan, Singer and Goddard are facing another lawsuit in Los Angeles by a British man who is referred as "John Doe No. 117". The man accused them of similar actions in London when he was 15 or 16. Goddard filed a motion to dismiss the case last week, stating that the alleged action, even if it was true, took place in London and that the age of consent in the U.K. is 16.
In other news, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Egan filed lawsuits against three John Doe defendants in Los Angeles federal court on Friday. Egan's lawyer Jeff Herman declined to reveal their identity.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation