Kerry Washington to Debut 'Scandal' Fashion Collection
Kerry Washington has teamed up with costume designer Lyn Paolo and national retailer The Limited to launch a "Scandal" fashion collection. The fans of the ABC series will be able to purchase the fashion of Olivia Pope in this fall.
The 37-year-old actress told WWD, "People who love the look of the show can now step into this world in a way that is affordable and accessible because not everybody can afford to have the clothes they see on the show."
The collection will feature Olivia's signature outfits, including wide-leg trousers, chic blouses and signature outerwear. Kerry commented on her collaboration with Lyn and The Limited's head of design Elliot Staples, "It's been really fun to have a voice at every stage of the production from picking buttons, choosing fabrics and weighing in on hair and makeup people."
"Being an actor who has worn fashion and being somebody who is a fixture on red carpets, I have been able to pull from every level of my experience, including working with magazines," she continued.
Kerry, who gave birth to her first daughter Isabella in April, claimed that the collection would be original and not inspired by any other designer, saying, "We weren't inspired by any designers in particular because they are all original pieces that are authentic to the character and the world of the show."
"Personally, I have tons of favorite designers. I don't gravitate toward any one designer because I think of fashion as the costume of the everyday woman," she added, "The Armani house was one of the first ones to dress me. Jason Wu is a dear friend of mine, as is Tory Burch. I am a big fan of Alexander Wang."
The collection's prices will range from $49 to $248. The forty-two-piece collection will be available online as well as in 250 Limited mall stores in late September. The retailer is currently in talks with ABC about advertising campaign on various TV channels.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs