Shane Black's 'Predator' Is a Sequel, NOT Reboot
The upcoming "Predator" movie which will be directed by Shane Black and scripted by him along with his "Monster Squad" writing partner Fred Dekker will be a sequel instead of a reboot like it was initially reported. Setting the record straight is the director himself during a chat with Collider.
"As far as Fred and I are concerned anyway," he said. "Why start over, when you've all this rich mythology yet to mine?" While he didn't like reboots in general, the director said he could "really get behind inventive sequels," adding that he liked "the idea of expanding and exploring the existing Predator mythology, rather than hitting the restart button."
Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, the original 1987 film follows a team of commandos, on a mission in a Central American jungle, who find themselves hunted by an extra-terrestrial warrior. Black has a supporting role in it. A sequel was released in 1990, followed by "Alien vs. Predator" in 2004 and "Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem" in 2007.
More Predator News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'