Shane Black's 'Predator' Is a Sequel, NOT Reboot
The upcoming "Predator" movie which will be directed by Shane Black and scripted by him along with his "Monster Squad" writing partner Fred Dekker will be a sequel instead of a reboot like it was initially reported. Setting the record straight is the director himself during a chat with Collider.
"As far as Fred and I are concerned anyway," he said. "Why start over, when you've all this rich mythology yet to mine?" While he didn't like reboots in general, the director said he could "really get behind inventive sequels," adding that he liked "the idea of expanding and exploring the existing Predator mythology, rather than hitting the restart button."
Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, the original 1987 film follows a team of commandos, on a mission in a Central American jungle, who find themselves hunted by an extra-terrestrial warrior. Black has a supporting role in it. A sequel was released in 1990, followed by "Alien vs. Predator" in 2004 and "Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem" in 2007.
More Predator News
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors