'Karate Kid 2' Loses Director, Gains Two New Writers
"The Karate Kid 2" has added Jeremiah Friedman and Nick Palmer into the writing team. At the same time, it was announced that director Breck Eisner is out of the project reportedly due to scheduling conflicts.
The film, which is produced by Sony and Will Smith's Overbrook Entertainment, is yet to find a new director. Eisner remains attached to direct Lionsgate's "The Last Witch Hunter" which stars Vin Diesel and is still in development stages.
Friedman and Palmer will polish the script previously drafted by Ethan Reiff, Cyrus Voris and Zak Penn. The writing duo did not have a produced feature but their action comedy script "Family Getaway" made the 2010 Black List. They are also attached to script an untitled The Bodyguard remake for Lin Pictures.
Meanwhile, "The Karate Kid" stars Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith plan to return to the sequel. The 2010 movie scored $343 million worldwide.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation