Beyonce Pays Tribute to Michael Jackson on the 5th Anniversary of His Death
Beyonce Knowles has penned a heartfelt tribute to Michael Jackson on the 5th anniversary of his death. The former Destiny's Child member took to her site on Wednesday, June 25 to share some words about the late King of Pop and what his songs and performances meant to her.
In the post, the "Halo" singer recalled that her first producer told her to watch Jackson's performance of "Who's Loving You" for hours. "What he wanted me to learn was his soul," Bey wrote. "You could hear his soul. And he was this little kid who hadn't experienced love but he was a vessel. For whatever reason he could evoke more emotion than an adult. It was so raw and so pure. It was these little things that he did that were just swag. It's something that's God given."
"Michael taught me that sometimes you have to forget technique, forget what you have on. If you feel silly, you have to go from the gut just let it go," she added. "Michael Jackson changed me, and helped me to become the artist I am, thank you Michael."
Jackson's sister La Toya Jackson has also released a statement to honor his memory. Calling her brother "the most incredible father, brother, son and the most talented performed this world has ever known," she said, "If Michael were here today he would tell us to all celebrate his life and not to mourn his death."
Addressing the "Beat It" singer's fans, she continued, "Michael was all about love and peace and in honor of my brother I ask you to please do something kind for someone today, and, blast and dance to all the beautiful music he left us all." Jackson's sister also shared that she planned to spend the day listening to his songs, watching video performances and looking through family photos.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie