Report: Frank Ocean Fires Manager and Publicist
Frank Ocean has fired his manager as he's readying his new album. A new report from BuzzFeed claims that the rapper has decided to split with Christian and Kelly Clancy of 4 Strikes Management whom he'd worked with since 2010.
Ocean has yet to select new manager to replace the duo, who also manage Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All, Mac Miller, Earl Sweatshirt, Tyler, the Creator and Solange Knowles among others.
According to the same report, the rapper has also parted ways with Life or Death PR, his publicist that represents Odd Future too. He's now working with Hollywood agency ID PR which represents Alicia Keys and Snoop Dogg. A rep for Life or Death PR told Billboard they were "relieved" by the change.
Reasons behind the splits are currently unknown. No comments have been made by all sides.
Ocean will have a new management team when his new album comes out. The star's sophomore set is currently still in the works and is planned to be released later this year.
Nabil Elderkin, who directed the video of Ocean's "Pyramids", recently revealed what to expect from the folow-up to 2012's "Channel Orange". "Everyone should be excited about this new album - that s**t is fire," he said. "He's making a great record. It blows the sophomore-album myth out of the water."
More Frank Ocean News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip