Report: Frank Ocean Fires Manager and Publicist
Frank Ocean has fired his manager as he's readying his new album. A new report from BuzzFeed claims that the rapper has decided to split with Christian and Kelly Clancy of 4 Strikes Management whom he'd worked with since 2010.
Ocean has yet to select new manager to replace the duo, who also manage Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All, Mac Miller, Earl Sweatshirt, Tyler, the Creator and Solange Knowles among others.
According to the same report, the rapper has also parted ways with Life or Death PR, his publicist that represents Odd Future too. He's now working with Hollywood agency ID PR which represents Alicia Keys and Snoop Dogg. A rep for Life or Death PR told Billboard they were "relieved" by the change.
Reasons behind the splits are currently unknown. No comments have been made by all sides.
Ocean will have a new management team when his new album comes out. The star's sophomore set is currently still in the works and is planned to be released later this year.
Nabil Elderkin, who directed the video of Ocean's "Pyramids", recently revealed what to expect from the folow-up to 2012's "Channel Orange". "Everyone should be excited about this new album - that s**t is fire," he said. "He's making a great record. It blows the sophomore-album myth out of the water."
More Frank Ocean News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns