'Star Wars Episode VII' Cast Get LEGO Treatment
The cast of "Star Wars Episode VII" were LEGO-lized. The toy company revealed a LEGO version of the table read photo that became a viral hit earlier this year for revealing the returning and new cast of the highly-anticipated movie for the first time.
LEGO Group released the photo on Twitter on Wednesday, June 15, captioning it, "You've met the actors, now meet the Minifigure cast of @starwars Episode VII! #LEGOStarWars #StarWarsVII." Returning cast members such as Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew and Anthony Daniels were in their "Star Wars" characters while the others simply got their LEGO version.
New addition Andy Serkis, however, held a particular ring that made a reference to his famous "Lord of the Rings" role. A laptop, that did not exist in the original photo, laid open on the center desk to reveal the date of the table read and the film's December 2015 release date.
Some of the cast reacted gleefully to the LEGO photo of them." OH MY GAAAAAD WE'RE LEGO!!!!!!! @JBoyega ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! So exciting!!! #SWVII," Daisy Ridley tweeted. John Boyega tweeted, "Really can't believe I'm going to be a Lego. Just insane."
LEGO is celebrating the 15th anniversary of LEGO Star Wars and will be producing new sets later this summer. "Star Wars Episode VII" is filming in both London and Abu Dhabi with J.J. Abrams as director.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen