'Star Wars Episode VII' Cast Get LEGO Treatment
The cast of "Star Wars Episode VII" were LEGO-lized. The toy company revealed a LEGO version of the table read photo that became a viral hit earlier this year for revealing the returning and new cast of the highly-anticipated movie for the first time.
LEGO Group released the photo on Twitter on Wednesday, June 15, captioning it, "You've met the actors, now meet the Minifigure cast of @starwars Episode VII! #LEGOStarWars #StarWarsVII." Returning cast members such as Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew and Anthony Daniels were in their "Star Wars" characters while the others simply got their LEGO version.
New addition Andy Serkis, however, held a particular ring that made a reference to his famous "Lord of the Rings" role. A laptop, that did not exist in the original photo, laid open on the center desk to reveal the date of the table read and the film's December 2015 release date.
Some of the cast reacted gleefully to the LEGO photo of them." OH MY GAAAAAD WE'RE LEGO!!!!!!! @JBoyega ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! So exciting!!! #SWVII," Daisy Ridley tweeted. John Boyega tweeted, "Really can't believe I'm going to be a Lego. Just insane."
LEGO is celebrating the 15th anniversary of LEGO Star Wars and will be producing new sets later this summer. "Star Wars Episode VII" is filming in both London and Abu Dhabi with J.J. Abrams as director.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'