Lana Del Rey's 'Ultraviolence' Grabs No. 1 Spot on Billboard 200
Lana Del Rey has just scored her first No. 1 album on Billboard 200. Nielsen SoundScan reports that "Ultraviolence", her latest studio effort, has made its way out to No. 1 on the chart after selling 182,000 copies. That's the best sales week for a female artist since December 29, when Beyonce Knowles' self-titled set sold 310,000 copies in its third week.
Del Rey didn't promote "Ultraviolence" by giving live performances on U.S. TV shows. Despite that, the record manages to better 2012's "Born to Die", her first album to be released under a major label that debuted and peaked at No. 2 with 77,000 sold in its first week.
Behind Del Rey, British soul sensation Sam Smith's "In the Lonely Hour" comes at No. 2 with 166,000. That's the largest debut for a solo artist's first album since Phillip Phillips' "The World From the Side of the Moon" opened at No. 4 with 169,000 on November 25, 2012.
Rounding out the top three is another newcomer, Linkin Park's "The Hunting Party". Selling 110,000, the rocker's sixth LP fails to match the success of its predecessor "Living Things" that opened at No. 1 with 223,000 in 2012.
The soundtrack of "Frozen (2013)" falls one rung to No. 4 with 42,000. It's currently in its 26th consecutive weeks in Billboard 200's top 5. Country legend Willie Nelson is at No. 5 after his "Band of Brothers" sells 37,000.
Fellow country star Miranda Lambert has her "Platinum" landed at No. 6 with 34,000. Last week's first placer Jack White's "Lazaretto" plunges to No. 7 with 34,000.
At No. 8, Jennifer Lopez's "A.K.A." arrives with 33,000, her smallest first-week sales to date. Deadmau5's "While (1
More Lana Del Rey News
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick