Lana Del Rey's 'Ultraviolence' Grabs No. 1 Spot on Billboard 200
Lana Del Rey has just scored her first No. 1 album on Billboard 200. Nielsen SoundScan reports that "Ultraviolence", her latest studio effort, has made its way out to No. 1 on the chart after selling 182,000 copies. That's the best sales week for a female artist since December 29, when Beyonce Knowles' self-titled set sold 310,000 copies in its third week.
Del Rey didn't promote "Ultraviolence" by giving live performances on U.S. TV shows. Despite that, the record manages to better 2012's "Born to Die", her first album to be released under a major label that debuted and peaked at No. 2 with 77,000 sold in its first week.
Behind Del Rey, British soul sensation Sam Smith's "In the Lonely Hour" comes at No. 2 with 166,000. That's the largest debut for a solo artist's first album since Phillip Phillips' "The World From the Side of the Moon" opened at No. 4 with 169,000 on November 25, 2012.
Rounding out the top three is another newcomer, Linkin Park's "The Hunting Party". Selling 110,000, the rocker's sixth LP fails to match the success of its predecessor "Living Things" that opened at No. 1 with 223,000 in 2012.
The soundtrack of "Frozen (2013)" falls one rung to No. 4 with 42,000. It's currently in its 26th consecutive weeks in Billboard 200's top 5. Country legend Willie Nelson is at No. 5 after his "Band of Brothers" sells 37,000.
Fellow country star Miranda Lambert has her "Platinum" landed at No. 6 with 34,000. Last week's first placer Jack White's "Lazaretto" plunges to No. 7 with 34,000.
At No. 8, Jennifer Lopez's "A.K.A." arrives with 33,000, her smallest first-week sales to date. Deadmau5's "While (1<2)" debuts at No. 9 with 30,000. Slipping six rungs, Brantley Gilbert's "Just as I Am" is at No. 10 with 26,000.
- "Ultraviolence" - Lana Del Rey (182,000)
- "In the Lonely Hour" - Sam Smith (166,000)
- "The Hunting Party" - Linkin Park (110,000)
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (42,000)
- "Band of Brothers" - Willie Nelson (37,000)
- "Platinum" - Miranda Lambert (34,000)
- "Lazaretto" - Jack White (34,000)
- "A.K.A." - Jennifer Lopez (33,000)
- "While (1<2)" - Deadmau5 (30,000)
- "Just As I Am" - Brantley Gilbert (26,000)
More Lana Del Rey News
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser