Lana Del Rey's Boyfriend Barrie-James O'Neill Denies Split
Lana Del Rey would say anything to get name on headlines, according to her boyfriend Barrie-James O'Neill. The singer reportedly only wanted to promote her new album, "Ultraviolence", which was released on June 17 when she said she had broken up with O'Neill.
Rey recently said in an interview with Switzerland's 20 Minuten, "We are currently not together. He is a wonderful person. But there are some things with which he has to deal." She added, "I will not explain it in detail. This was hard on our relationship, I no longer felt free. We'll see how it goes."
O'Neill brushed off her comment, telling TMZ in a video, "That's just papers man, she's got an album." The guitarist for Scottish band Kassidy added, "'It's not over, it's not over, don't believe what you read it's just stories man, bedtime stories."
O'Neill reportedly proposed to her on her 27th birthday in June last year. They were also spotted house hunting in Los Angeles a month later. When talking about him, Rey said, "When I found somebody who I fell in love with, it made me feel different than I felt the rest of the day. It was electrifying."
Rey was seen without O'Neill in Paris earlier this week after confirming the split. She spent a quality time with her parents and sister as her album climbed to the top of Billboard Hot 200 chart.
More Lana Del Rey News
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski