Lana Del Rey's Boyfriend Barrie-James O'Neill Denies Split
Lana Del Rey would say anything to get name on headlines, according to her boyfriend Barrie-James O'Neill. The singer reportedly only wanted to promote her new album, "Ultraviolence", which was released on June 17 when she said she had broken up with O'Neill.
Rey recently said in an interview with Switzerland's 20 Minuten, "We are currently not together. He is a wonderful person. But there are some things with which he has to deal." She added, "I will not explain it in detail. This was hard on our relationship, I no longer felt free. We'll see how it goes."
O'Neill brushed off her comment, telling TMZ in a video, "That's just papers man, she's got an album." The guitarist for Scottish band Kassidy added, "'It's not over, it's not over, don't believe what you read it's just stories man, bedtime stories."
O'Neill reportedly proposed to her on her 27th birthday in June last year. They were also spotted house hunting in Los Angeles a month later. When talking about him, Rey said, "When I found somebody who I fell in love with, it made me feel different than I felt the rest of the day. It was electrifying."
Rey was seen without O'Neill in Paris earlier this week after confirming the split. She spent a quality time with her parents and sister as her album climbed to the top of Billboard Hot 200 chart.
More Lana Del Rey News
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer