Lifetime Turns Stephen King's 'Big Driver' Into TV Movie Starring Maria Bello
Another work of brilliant novelist Stephen King lands on Lifetime. The cable channel has snagged a TV movie adaptation of "Big Driver", the novella from King's 2010 collection "Full Dark, No Stars".
Awards-winning actress Maria Bello has been cast in the lead role of the revenge tale, playing famous and revered mystery and thriller writer named Tess Thorne. Returning home from a book signing engagement, she takes a shortcut at the suggestion of the event's planner, Ramona.
While driving on a lonely stretch of New England road, her tire blows out, leaving her stranded. Another driver, portrayed by Will Harris, stops and offers assistance, but Tess quickly discovers that her savior is actually a serial killer who repeatedly assaults her.
Left for dead in a drainage pipe to rot with the bodies of his other victims, Tess escapes and makes her way safely home. With her fragile mind beginning to unravel, she is determined to find her rapist and seek revenge, as payback is the only thing holding her together.
Olympia Dukakis and Joan Jett take supporting roles. Richard Christian Matheson is penning the script while Mikael Salomon is on board to direct. Filming is set to begin in Halifax, Nova Scotia later this summer for a fall premiere.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt