'Survivor' Contestant Caleb Bankston Dies After Train Derailed
Former contestant on "Survivor: Blood vs. Water", Caleb Bankston, has passed away at the age of 26. As reported by PEOPLE, Bankston died on Tuesday, June 24 in a railway accident. Bankston, who worked at the Alabama Warrior Railway in Birmingham, placed ninth in the competition. Watco Companies L.L.C. told the AP that one worker died in a train derailment, but did not disclose the identity.
Calling Bankston "an amazing man and friend," fellow contestant Aras Baskauskas added, "One of the sweetest and most sincere humans I've ever come across. I am gutted by his loss. My thoughts and prayers are with his family."
Sabrina Thompson, who competed with Bankston's fiance Colton Cumbie on "Survivor: One World", recalled how Cumbie kept talking about Bankston. "While playing 'Survivor' with Colton, he would talk about his boyfriend, Caleb, around the clock 24/7. Within seconds of meeting Caleb at the finale and 'Survivor' events, it's no wonder why he raved about him. You were instantly drawn to his big smile, warm spirit and Southern charm. May God rest his soul ...gone too soon," Thompson said.
Bankston and Cumbie reportedly planned to get married in October. Cumbie's Twitter account is locked, but according to other users, he wrote, "I just wish it was me," shortly after the news broke, Mail Online reports.
More Survivor News
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'