'Survivor' Contestant Caleb Bankston Dies After Train Derailed
Former contestant on "Survivor: Blood vs. Water", Caleb Bankston, has passed away at the age of 26. As reported by PEOPLE, Bankston died on Tuesday, June 24 in a railway accident. Bankston, who worked at the Alabama Warrior Railway in Birmingham, placed ninth in the competition. Watco Companies L.L.C. told the AP that one worker died in a train derailment, but did not disclose the identity.
Calling Bankston "an amazing man and friend," fellow contestant Aras Baskauskas added, "One of the sweetest and most sincere humans I've ever come across. I am gutted by his loss. My thoughts and prayers are with his family."
Sabrina Thompson, who competed with Bankston's fiance Colton Cumbie on "Survivor: One World", recalled how Cumbie kept talking about Bankston. "While playing 'Survivor' with Colton, he would talk about his boyfriend, Caleb, around the clock 24/7. Within seconds of meeting Caleb at the finale and 'Survivor' events, it's no wonder why he raved about him. You were instantly drawn to his big smile, warm spirit and Southern charm. May God rest his soul ...gone too soon," Thompson said.
Bankston and Cumbie reportedly planned to get married in October. Cumbie's Twitter account is locked, but according to other users, he wrote, "I just wish it was me," shortly after the news broke, Mail Online reports.
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date