'Survivor' Contestant Caleb Bankston Dies After Train Derailed
Former contestant on "Survivor: Blood vs. Water", Caleb Bankston, has passed away at the age of 26. As reported by PEOPLE, Bankston died on Tuesday, June 24 in a railway accident. Bankston, who worked at the Alabama Warrior Railway in Birmingham, placed ninth in the competition. Watco Companies L.L.C. told the AP that one worker died in a train derailment, but did not disclose the identity.
Calling Bankston "an amazing man and friend," fellow contestant Aras Baskauskas added, "One of the sweetest and most sincere humans I've ever come across. I am gutted by his loss. My thoughts and prayers are with his family."
Sabrina Thompson, who competed with Bankston's fiance Colton Cumbie on "Survivor: One World", recalled how Cumbie kept talking about Bankston. "While playing 'Survivor' with Colton, he would talk about his boyfriend, Caleb, around the clock 24/7. Within seconds of meeting Caleb at the finale and 'Survivor' events, it's no wonder why he raved about him. You were instantly drawn to his big smile, warm spirit and Southern charm. May God rest his soul ...gone too soon," Thompson said.
Bankston and Cumbie reportedly planned to get married in October. Cumbie's Twitter account is locked, but according to other users, he wrote, "I just wish it was me," shortly after the news broke, Mail Online reports.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?