'WarGames' Remake Finds New Director and Writer
MGM is currently remaking 1980s favorite "WarGames". The studio, which recently remade "Robocop", "Carrie" and "Red Dawn", has hired Dean Israelite ("Project Almanac") to helm the upcoming film, replacing Seth Gordon. Set to pen the script is Arash Amel who previously wrote Nicole Kidman's "Grace of Monaco".
For now, not much has been revealed about the movie. A new report from The Wrap suggests that "The Fault in Our Stars" actor Ansel Elgort and "Mud" star Tye Sheridan are shortlisted to play the lead role.
The original version of "WarGames", released in 1983, is often considered as one of the best science-fiction thrillers of its era. It starred Matthew Broderick as David Lightman, a boy who hacked into a NORAD supercomputer designed to predict possible outcomes of nuclear war.
The film was a box office success. It also garnered three Oscar nominations for Sound, Cinematography and Original Screenplay. A sequel titled "WarGames: The Dead Code" was released direct-to-DVD back in 2008.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage