'WarGames' Remake Finds New Director and Writer
MGM is currently remaking 1980s favorite "WarGames". The studio, which recently remade "Robocop", "Carrie" and "Red Dawn", has hired Dean Israelite ("Project Almanac") to helm the upcoming film, replacing Seth Gordon. Set to pen the script is Arash Amel who previously wrote Nicole Kidman's "Grace of Monaco".
For now, not much has been revealed about the movie. A new report from The Wrap suggests that "The Fault in Our Stars" actor Ansel Elgort and "Mud" star Tye Sheridan are shortlisted to play the lead role.
The original version of "WarGames", released in 1983, is often considered as one of the best science-fiction thrillers of its era. It starred Matthew Broderick as David Lightman, a boy who hacked into a NORAD supercomputer designed to predict possible outcomes of nuclear war.
The film was a box office success. It also garnered three Oscar nominations for Sound, Cinematography and Original Screenplay. A sequel titled "WarGames: The Dead Code" was released direct-to-DVD back in 2008.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie