'The Magnificent Seven' Star Eli Wallach Dies at 98
Character actor Eli Wallach, who probably is mostly remembered for his roles in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" and "The Magnificent Seven", has passed away. His daughter Katherine confirms the sad news to the New York Times, saying that Wallach died on Tuesday, June 24 at the age of 98. More info regarding his death is not immediately available.
Wallach was born on December 7, 1915 in Brooklyn. He studied acting after graduating from the University of Texas and landed his first Broadway role in 1945. He steadily gained success onstage and later appeared on TV.
During his 60 years of career, Wallach took part in many projects. He played Tuco opposite Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly". In 1960's "The Magnificent Seven", he played a bandit named Calvera. His other credits included "The Misfits" with Clark Gable and Marilyn Monroe, "How to Steal a Million" alongside Audrey Hepburn and "The Godfather: Part III". Most recently, he took part in Oliver Stone's "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" and Roman Polanski's "The Ghost Writer".
Wallach, who was awarded with a Tony Award for his performance in Tennessee Williams' original production of "The Rose Tattoo" in 1951, was honored with an honorary Oscar in 2010. "As an actor I've played more bandits, thieves, warlords, molesters and mafioso that you could shake a stick at," he said in his speech, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter.
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21