Jay-Z and Beyonce's 'On the Run' Set to Be Second Most Successful Tour of All Time
Reports claiming that Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles' co-headlining "On the Run" tour is flopping are totally untrue. According to Forbes, the tour is now on track to become one of the most successful tours in the history.
The site said that the trek, which includes not more than 20 shows in the U.S., already sells nearly 1 million tickets that will total a sale of $100 million. With around $5 million per show, the tour will be the second highest grossing concert of all time based on gross revenue per show.
"On the Run" tour will open on Wednesday, June 25 in Miami's Sun Life Stadium. Jay-Z and Beyonce will make stops in some major cities across the U.S. before visiting France for a two-night show at the Stade de France on September 12-13.
Jay-Z and Beyonce recently teased their upcoming shows with some pictures. Arriving via the rapper's Life+Times website, most of the black-and-white images were likely taken during rehearsals.
Clad in a black hoodie, Bey is featured practicing some dance moves in several photos. Her husband, meanwhile, appears alongside some crew members in other photos.
More Jay-Z News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show