Jay-Z and Beyonce's 'On the Run' Set to Be Second Most Successful Tour of All Time
Reports claiming that Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles' co-headlining "On the Run" tour is flopping are totally untrue. According to Forbes, the tour is now on track to become one of the most successful tours in the history.
The site said that the trek, which includes not more than 20 shows in the U.S., already sells nearly 1 million tickets that will total a sale of $100 million. With around $5 million per show, the tour will be the second highest grossing concert of all time based on gross revenue per show.
"On the Run" tour will open on Wednesday, June 25 in Miami's Sun Life Stadium. Jay-Z and Beyonce will make stops in some major cities across the U.S. before visiting France for a two-night show at the Stade de France on September 12-13.
Jay-Z and Beyonce recently teased their upcoming shows with some pictures. Arriving via the rapper's Life+Times website, most of the black-and-white images were likely taken during rehearsals.
Clad in a black hoodie, Bey is featured practicing some dance moves in several photos. Her husband, meanwhile, appears alongside some crew members in other photos.
More Jay-Z News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal