Jay-Z and Beyonce's 'On the Run' Set to Be Second Most Successful Tour of All Time
Reports claiming that Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles' co-headlining "On the Run" tour is flopping are totally untrue. According to Forbes, the tour is now on track to become one of the most successful tours in the history.
The site said that the trek, which includes not more than 20 shows in the U.S., already sells nearly 1 million tickets that will total a sale of $100 million. With around $5 million per show, the tour will be the second highest grossing concert of all time based on gross revenue per show.
"On the Run" tour will open on Wednesday, June 25 in Miami's Sun Life Stadium. Jay-Z and Beyonce will make stops in some major cities across the U.S. before visiting France for a two-night show at the Stade de France on September 12-13.
Jay-Z and Beyonce recently teased their upcoming shows with some pictures. Arriving via the rapper's Life+Times website, most of the black-and-white images were likely taken during rehearsals.
Clad in a black hoodie, Bey is featured practicing some dance moves in several photos. Her husband, meanwhile, appears alongside some crew members in other photos.
More Jay-Z News
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday