Video: Queen Elizabeth II Takes a Tour on 'Game of Thrones' Set in Belfast
Queen Elizabeth II took a tour on the fantasy realm of "Game of Thrones" on Tuesday, June 24. The 88-year-old monarch and Prince Philip visited the set of the HBO drama series at the Titanic Studios in Belfast, where the interior shots of the show are filmed, as part of her Northern Ireland tour.
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh were greeted by showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss as they arrived and were shown the props, including the costumes and weaponry, first. They later moved to the throne room, where they met some cast members, including Lena Headey, Maisie Williams, Kit Harington, Sophie Turner and Rose Leslie.
According to reports, the queen refused to try out the Iron Throne, which according to the show is made up of a thousand swords surrendered in war. She, however, was photographed admiring the seat. The picture was posted on official monarchy Instagram account with a caption which read, "The #IronThrone as you've never seen it before..."
The royal couple spent around a half hour as they were scheduled to have a lunch at City Hall. Before leaving, the queen got a miniature replica of the Iron Throne to remind her of her visit.
More Game of Thrones News
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video