Video: Queen Elizabeth II Takes a Tour on 'Game of Thrones' Set in Belfast
Queen Elizabeth II took a tour on the fantasy realm of "Game of Thrones" on Tuesday, June 24. The 88-year-old monarch and Prince Philip visited the set of the HBO drama series at the Titanic Studios in Belfast, where the interior shots of the show are filmed, as part of her Northern Ireland tour.
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh were greeted by showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss as they arrived and were shown the props, including the costumes and weaponry, first. They later moved to the throne room, where they met some cast members, including Lena Headey, Maisie Williams, Kit Harington, Sophie Turner and Rose Leslie.
According to reports, the queen refused to try out the Iron Throne, which according to the show is made up of a thousand swords surrendered in war. She, however, was photographed admiring the seat. The picture was posted on official monarchy Instagram account with a caption which read, "The #IronThrone as you've never seen it before..."
The royal couple spent around a half hour as they were scheduled to have a lunch at City Hall. Before leaving, the queen got a miniature replica of the Iron Throne to remind her of her visit.
More Game of Thrones News
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene