Video: Queen Elizabeth II Takes a Tour on 'Game of Thrones' Set in Belfast
Queen Elizabeth II took a tour on the fantasy realm of "Game of Thrones" on Tuesday, June 24. The 88-year-old monarch and Prince Philip visited the set of the HBO drama series at the Titanic Studios in Belfast, where the interior shots of the show are filmed, as part of her Northern Ireland tour.
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh were greeted by showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss as they arrived and were shown the props, including the costumes and weaponry, first. They later moved to the throne room, where they met some cast members, including Lena Headey, Maisie Williams, Kit Harington, Sophie Turner and Rose Leslie.
According to reports, the queen refused to try out the Iron Throne, which according to the show is made up of a thousand swords surrendered in war. She, however, was photographed admiring the seat. The picture was posted on official monarchy Instagram account with a caption which read, "The #IronThrone as you've never seen it before..."
The royal couple spent around a half hour as they were scheduled to have a lunch at City Hall. Before leaving, the queen got a miniature replica of the Iron Throne to remind her of her visit.
More Game of Thrones News
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy