Behind the Scenes of 'Jurassic World' Offer Plot and First Footage
The first footage of "Jurassic World" was shown via an on-set visit from "Today". The lead actors, Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, sat down for an interview and a walk on the Jurassic Park merchandise store set.
Pratt offered a piece of the 2015 dinosaurs reboot movie's plot. It took place 22 years after CEO John Hammond dreamt up about the idea of a theme park. "People from around the world, 20,000 visitors a day, come to see the dinosaurs and see the several attractions," said Pratt. "It's been around long enough to where attendance starts to fall off a little bit. So they've decided to come up with a new attraction to bring even more people in. You're never gonna believe it, but it doesn't go well."
The film is adapted from Michael Crichton's novel and is directed by Colin Trevorrow. Asked whether he received advice from "Jurassic Park" director Steven Spielberg, Trevorrow said, "Words of wisdom, every day. He'll send ideas and he'll draw out ideas on pads of paper, and I'll shoot them." Spielberg remains active in the creative process as executive producer.
"Jurassic World" will be released in U.S. theaters on June 12, 2015.
More Jurassic World News
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors