Behind the Scenes of 'Jurassic World' Offer Plot and First Footage
The first footage of "Jurassic World" was shown via an on-set visit from "Today". The lead actors, Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, sat down for an interview and a walk on the Jurassic Park merchandise store set.
Pratt offered a piece of the 2015 dinosaurs reboot movie's plot. It took place 22 years after CEO John Hammond dreamt up about the idea of a theme park. "People from around the world, 20,000 visitors a day, come to see the dinosaurs and see the several attractions," said Pratt. "It's been around long enough to where attendance starts to fall off a little bit. So they've decided to come up with a new attraction to bring even more people in. You're never gonna believe it, but it doesn't go well."
The film is adapted from Michael Crichton's novel and is directed by Colin Trevorrow. Asked whether he received advice from "Jurassic Park" director Steven Spielberg, Trevorrow said, "Words of wisdom, every day. He'll send ideas and he'll draw out ideas on pads of paper, and I'll shoot them." Spielberg remains active in the creative process as executive producer.
"Jurassic World" will be released in U.S. theaters on June 12, 2015.
More Jurassic World News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'