Behind the Scenes of 'Jurassic World' Offer Plot and First Footage
The first footage of "Jurassic World" was shown via an on-set visit from "Today". The lead actors, Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, sat down for an interview and a walk on the Jurassic Park merchandise store set.
Pratt offered a piece of the 2015 dinosaurs reboot movie's plot. It took place 22 years after CEO John Hammond dreamt up about the idea of a theme park. "People from around the world, 20,000 visitors a day, come to see the dinosaurs and see the several attractions," said Pratt. "It's been around long enough to where attendance starts to fall off a little bit. So they've decided to come up with a new attraction to bring even more people in. You're never gonna believe it, but it doesn't go well."
The film is adapted from Michael Crichton's novel and is directed by Colin Trevorrow. Asked whether he received advice from "Jurassic Park" director Steven Spielberg, Trevorrow said, "Words of wisdom, every day. He'll send ideas and he'll draw out ideas on pads of paper, and I'll shoot them." Spielberg remains active in the creative process as executive producer.
"Jurassic World" will be released in U.S. theaters on June 12, 2015.
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role