Behind the Scenes of 'Jurassic World' Offer Plot and First Footage
The first footage of "Jurassic World" was shown via an on-set visit from "Today". The lead actors, Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, sat down for an interview and a walk on the Jurassic Park merchandise store set.
Pratt offered a piece of the 2015 dinosaurs reboot movie's plot. It took place 22 years after CEO John Hammond dreamt up about the idea of a theme park. "People from around the world, 20,000 visitors a day, come to see the dinosaurs and see the several attractions," said Pratt. "It's been around long enough to where attendance starts to fall off a little bit. So they've decided to come up with a new attraction to bring even more people in. You're never gonna believe it, but it doesn't go well."
The film is adapted from Michael Crichton's novel and is directed by Colin Trevorrow. Asked whether he received advice from "Jurassic Park" director Steven Spielberg, Trevorrow said, "Words of wisdom, every day. He'll send ideas and he'll draw out ideas on pads of paper, and I'll shoot them." Spielberg remains active in the creative process as executive producer.
"Jurassic World" will be released in U.S. theaters on June 12, 2015.
More Jurassic World News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy