Prince Announces New Solo Album, Reveals Rap Song With Rita Ora
While his awaited album with his band 3rd Eye Girl hasn't been released yet, Prince reveals that his solo LP is currently in the works. The iconic singer shared some details about his new project during a chat with the Minnesota Star Tribune's Jon Bream who recently visited him for a late-night listening session.
"I've finally got something that is a cohesive statement," Prince told Bream of the album which currently has no official title or release date. According to the music critic, the record contains an "aggressive and menacing" rap song that features vocals from British beauty Rita Ora.
There will also be a ballad titled "This Could Be Us", which Prince said was inspired by an internet meme of him riding a motorcycle with "Purple Rain" co-star Apollonia Kotero, and a "funkier and nastier" remix of the star and 3rd Eye Girl's single "Funk 'n' Roll".
During the chat with Bream, Prince also voiced his annoyance at the delay in music being released by record companies, saying, "Every No. 1 song, every top 10 song, every song in the top 40 is at least six months old. We should be able to make music and put it out now."
Before completely gearing up for his new solo album, Prince is expected to release "Plectrum Electrum" with 3rd Eye Girl later this year. The musician, who recently rejoined Warner Bros. Record, also plans to re-release the remastered deluxe edition of his "Purple Rain" album which turns 30 this year.
More Prince News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert