Channing Tatum, Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in Talks for 'Hail Caesar'
Universal Pictures' "Hail Caesar" is aiming for a star-studded cast list. The film about a Hollywood fixer in the 1950s is eying Channing Tatum, Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton to join the already confirmed stars George Clooney and Josh Brolin.
According to THR, Tatum will be a Gene Kelly-type star while Fiennes will play studio director Laurence Lorenz. Swinton, who recently starred opposite Fiennes in "The Grand Budapest Hotel", is slated to portray a powerful Hollywood gossip columnist.
"Hail Cesar" will be produced and directed by the Coen brothers. The film centers on a man named Eddie Mannix who sounds a lot like the Fred Otash of his day - the famed 1950s private investigator who worked for Confidential magazine and was the muckraker of the time using wiretaps to spy on movie stars and gather dirt. Otash was a former lifeguard who became a cop, lost his job as a cop and became a private eye who wiretapped.
More Hail Caesar News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding