Channing Tatum, Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in Talks for 'Hail Caesar'
Universal Pictures' "Hail Caesar" is aiming for a star-studded cast list. The film about a Hollywood fixer in the 1950s is eying Channing Tatum, Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton to join the already confirmed stars George Clooney and Josh Brolin.
According to THR, Tatum will be a Gene Kelly-type star while Fiennes will play studio director Laurence Lorenz. Swinton, who recently starred opposite Fiennes in "The Grand Budapest Hotel", is slated to portray a powerful Hollywood gossip columnist.
"Hail Cesar" will be produced and directed by the Coen brothers. The film centers on a man named Eddie Mannix who sounds a lot like the Fred Otash of his day - the famed 1950s private investigator who worked for Confidential magazine and was the muckraker of the time using wiretaps to spy on movie stars and gather dirt. Otash was a former lifeguard who became a cop, lost his job as a cop and became a private eye who wiretapped.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'