Channing Tatum, Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in Talks for 'Hail Caesar'
Universal Pictures' "Hail Caesar" is aiming for a star-studded cast list. The film about a Hollywood fixer in the 1950s is eying Channing Tatum, Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton to join the already confirmed stars George Clooney and Josh Brolin.
According to THR, Tatum will be a Gene Kelly-type star while Fiennes will play studio director Laurence Lorenz. Swinton, who recently starred opposite Fiennes in "The Grand Budapest Hotel", is slated to portray a powerful Hollywood gossip columnist.
"Hail Cesar" will be produced and directed by the Coen brothers. The film centers on a man named Eddie Mannix who sounds a lot like the Fred Otash of his day - the famed 1950s private investigator who worked for Confidential magazine and was the muckraker of the time using wiretaps to spy on movie stars and gather dirt. Otash was a former lifeguard who became a cop, lost his job as a cop and became a private eye who wiretapped.
More Hail Caesar News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media