Shane Black to Write and Direct 'Predator' Reboot
Shane Black is entrusted to relaunch the '80s classic "Predator" for 20th Century Fox. The "Iron Man 3" director is assigned to write the treatment and is attached to direct the reboot for a possible franchise.
According to THR, Black will hand over the scripting duty to Fred Dekker whom he wrote "Monster Squad" with. Black, who is known as the screenwriter of "Lethal Weapon", will oversee the writing. Original film producer John Davis is back to produce the reboot. Fox exec Matt Reilly is overseeing the reboot along with Davis Entertainment's Ira Napoliello.
An interesting note, Black had a small role in the 1987 sci-fi movie which was directed by John McTiernan. At that time, he was already a hot commodity for writing "Lethal Weapon" and "Monster Squad" scripts. He was asked to polish the script for "Predator" which was already in production at that time. Black turned down the studio's request several times but said yes when he was offered the small acting role.
Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, "Predator" follows a team of commandos, on a mission in a Central American jungle, who find themselves hunted by an extra-terrestrial warrior. Fox kept the franchise alive by having a sequel, "Predator 2" in 1990, and a new franchise, "Alien vs. Predator" in 2004 and "Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem" in 2007.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'