Barbara Walters Returning to 'The View' Six Weeks After Retirement
Barbara Walters is set to return to "The View", just a little more than a month after leaving the show. It has been announced that the veteran journalist will appear as a guest on the ABC talk show Friday, June 27.
The 84-year-old's appearance on "The View" is timed to coincide with her interview with Peter Rodger, the filmmaker father of Elliot Rodger, who killed six people and injured 13 others before taking his own life in a murder spree near the University of California, Santa Barbara last month. The interview will air as a special edition of "20/20" airing on Friday night.
Walters already taped the interview on Sunday. She posted a sneak-peek picture and wrote, "Sat down earlier today with Peter Rodger, father of the Santa Barbara shooter. Watch Fri on @ABC2020."
Walters had a big send-off on her last day as "The View" co-host on May 16. Oprah Winfrey, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Michael Douglas as well as a number of female TV journalists stopped by the show to help bid farewell to the former "Today " anchor.
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors