Barbara Walters Returning to 'The View' Six Weeks After Retirement
Barbara Walters is set to return to "The View", just a little more than a month after leaving the show. It has been announced that the veteran journalist will appear as a guest on the ABC talk show Friday, June 27.
The 84-year-old's appearance on "The View" is timed to coincide with her interview with Peter Rodger, the filmmaker father of Elliot Rodger, who killed six people and injured 13 others before taking his own life in a murder spree near the University of California, Santa Barbara last month. The interview will air as a special edition of "20/20" airing on Friday night.
Walters already taped the interview on Sunday. She posted a sneak-peek picture and wrote, "Sat down earlier today with Peter Rodger, father of the Santa Barbara shooter. Watch Fri on @ABC2020."
Walters had a big send-off on her last day as "The View" co-host on May 16. Oprah Winfrey, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Michael Douglas as well as a number of female TV journalists stopped by the show to help bid farewell to the former "Today " anchor.
More The View News
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech