Barbara Walters Returning to 'The View' Six Weeks After Retirement
Barbara Walters is set to return to "The View", just a little more than a month after leaving the show. It has been announced that the veteran journalist will appear as a guest on the ABC talk show Friday, June 27.
The 84-year-old's appearance on "The View" is timed to coincide with her interview with Peter Rodger, the filmmaker father of Elliot Rodger, who killed six people and injured 13 others before taking his own life in a murder spree near the University of California, Santa Barbara last month. The interview will air as a special edition of "20/20" airing on Friday night.
Walters already taped the interview on Sunday. She posted a sneak-peek picture and wrote, "Sat down earlier today with Peter Rodger, father of the Santa Barbara shooter. Watch Fri on @ABC2020."
Walters had a big send-off on her last day as "The View" co-host on May 16. Oprah Winfrey, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Michael Douglas as well as a number of female TV journalists stopped by the show to help bid farewell to the former "Today " anchor.
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music