Barbara Walters Returning to 'The View' Six Weeks After Retirement
Barbara Walters is set to return to "The View", just a little more than a month after leaving the show. It has been announced that the veteran journalist will appear as a guest on the ABC talk show Friday, June 27.
The 84-year-old's appearance on "The View" is timed to coincide with her interview with Peter Rodger, the filmmaker father of Elliot Rodger, who killed six people and injured 13 others before taking his own life in a murder spree near the University of California, Santa Barbara last month. The interview will air as a special edition of "20/20" airing on Friday night.
Walters already taped the interview on Sunday. She posted a sneak-peek picture and wrote, "Sat down earlier today with Peter Rodger, father of the Santa Barbara shooter. Watch Fri on @ABC2020."
Walters had a big send-off on her last day as "The View" co-host on May 16. Oprah Winfrey, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Michael Douglas as well as a number of female TV journalists stopped by the show to help bid farewell to the former "Today " anchor.
More The View News
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months