Barbara Walters Returning to 'The View' Six Weeks After Retirement
Barbara Walters is set to return to "The View", just a little more than a month after leaving the show. It has been announced that the veteran journalist will appear as a guest on the ABC talk show Friday, June 27.
The 84-year-old's appearance on "The View" is timed to coincide with her interview with Peter Rodger, the filmmaker father of Elliot Rodger, who killed six people and injured 13 others before taking his own life in a murder spree near the University of California, Santa Barbara last month. The interview will air as a special edition of "20/20" airing on Friday night.
Walters already taped the interview on Sunday. She posted a sneak-peek picture and wrote, "Sat down earlier today with Peter Rodger, father of the Santa Barbara shooter. Watch Fri on @ABC2020."
Walters had a big send-off on her last day as "The View" co-host on May 16. Oprah Winfrey, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Michael Douglas as well as a number of female TV journalists stopped by the show to help bid farewell to the former "Today " anchor.
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Debuts Chilling Motion Poster
- T.I. Confronts Tiny About Alleged Floyd Mayweather Affair
- Orlando Bloom 'Apologizes' to Waitress Who Was Fired After Their 'Night of Incredible Sex'
- Meek Mill Celebrates Birthday on Private Jet in 'Glow Up' Music Video
- 'The Predator' and 'Alita: Battle Angel' Promo Posters Are Spotted at Licensing Expo
- Nicki Minaj Finally Responds to Nas Dating Rumors: We've Had Sleepovers
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Is Among Netflix's June 2017 Movie and TV Titles
- Bella Hadid Risks Wardrobe Malfunction in Sexy Black Gown With Sky-High Slit