Eric Clapton Apologizes for Storming Off Stage During Glasgow Concert
Eric Clapton recently disappointed fans after he stormed off stage in the middle of his concert at the Hydro in Glasgow, Scotland. Over the weekend, the musician's team issued a statement in which they explained why he abruptly stopped the show.
"Unfortunately last night we experienced a steadily worsening technical problem with the PA system that the band battled with throughout the show. But by the last song of the set it became unbearable on stage and Eric was unable to complete that number," read the statement.
It continued, "The usual touring set length runs at 1hr 35 mins so in fact the full set was performed apart from the entirety of 'Cocaine' which had to be curtailed. Eric is nevertheless sorry for the break in the concert."
Another statement issued by the concert's venue added, "The production team for last night's performance suffered a technical issue which resulted in the concert ending earlier than anticipated."
During the concert, Clapton was singing a song called "Cocaine" when technical problems occurred. According to some reports, he looked frustrated as he stopped performing and left the stage. He made a brief return to the stage to sing another song, but then walked off again.
Fans, who paid around £60 for the show, got angry and vented their frustration on social media. "Eric Clapton storming off stage at The Hydro is embarrassing and insulting, especially regarding the price of tickets," a fan tweeted. Another fan added, "I just witnessed Eric Clapton throw his guitar off his shoulder and leave the stage and I've never been more gutted in my entire life."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris