Eric Clapton Apologizes for Storming Off Stage During Glasgow Concert
Eric Clapton recently disappointed fans after he stormed off stage in the middle of his concert at the Hydro in Glasgow, Scotland. Over the weekend, the musician's team issued a statement in which they explained why he abruptly stopped the show.
"Unfortunately last night we experienced a steadily worsening technical problem with the PA system that the band battled with throughout the show. But by the last song of the set it became unbearable on stage and Eric was unable to complete that number," read the statement.
It continued, "The usual touring set length runs at 1hr 35 mins so in fact the full set was performed apart from the entirety of 'Cocaine' which had to be curtailed. Eric is nevertheless sorry for the break in the concert."
Another statement issued by the concert's venue added, "The production team for last night's performance suffered a technical issue which resulted in the concert ending earlier than anticipated."
During the concert, Clapton was singing a song called "Cocaine" when technical problems occurred. According to some reports, he looked frustrated as he stopped performing and left the stage. He made a brief return to the stage to sing another song, but then walked off again.
Fans, who paid around £60 for the show, got angry and vented their frustration on social media. "Eric Clapton storming off stage at The Hydro is embarrassing and insulting, especially regarding the price of tickets," a fan tweeted. Another fan added, "I just witnessed Eric Clapton throw his guitar off his shoulder and leave the stage and I've never been more gutted in my entire life."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal