Report: Edgar Ramirez in Talks to Join 'Dr. Strange'
Edgar Ramirez has hinted that he may be cast in "Dr. Strange". While chatting with IGN about his upcoming supernatural thriller "Deliver Us from Evil", the Venezuelan actor revealed that he had been "talking" with director Scott Derrickson about joining the Marvel film. "We're talking. We've been talking," he cryptically said.
Marvel is currently still looking for a perfect actor to play Stephen Strange a.k.a. Dr. Strange. Jared Leto has been mentioned as a possible frontrunner for the title role, especially after new reports emerged saying that he wouldn't be replacing Will Smith in "Brilliance". Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch are also rumored to be in contention for the role.
Casting is expected to start in a month or two, while production is scheduled to begin in spring 2015. No specific release date has been set for the film at this time.
After "Deliver Us from Evil" hits U.S. theaters on July 2, Ramirez will next be seen in "The Liberator" and "Hands of Stone".
More Doctor Strange News
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media