Report: Edgar Ramirez in Talks to Join 'Dr. Strange'
Edgar Ramirez has hinted that he may be cast in "Dr. Strange". While chatting with IGN about his upcoming supernatural thriller "Deliver Us from Evil", the Venezuelan actor revealed that he had been "talking" with director Scott Derrickson about joining the Marvel film. "We're talking. We've been talking," he cryptically said.
Marvel is currently still looking for a perfect actor to play Stephen Strange a.k.a. Dr. Strange. Jared Leto has been mentioned as a possible frontrunner for the title role, especially after new reports emerged saying that he wouldn't be replacing Will Smith in "Brilliance". Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch are also rumored to be in contention for the role.
Casting is expected to start in a month or two, while production is scheduled to begin in spring 2015. No specific release date has been set for the film at this time.
After "Deliver Us from Evil" hits U.S. theaters on July 2, Ramirez will next be seen in "The Liberator" and "Hands of Stone".
More Doctor Strange News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video