Report: Edgar Ramirez in Talks to Join 'Dr. Strange'
Edgar Ramirez has hinted that he may be cast in "Dr. Strange". While chatting with IGN about his upcoming supernatural thriller "Deliver Us from Evil", the Venezuelan actor revealed that he had been "talking" with director Scott Derrickson about joining the Marvel film. "We're talking. We've been talking," he cryptically said.
Marvel is currently still looking for a perfect actor to play Stephen Strange a.k.a. Dr. Strange. Jared Leto has been mentioned as a possible frontrunner for the title role, especially after new reports emerged saying that he wouldn't be replacing Will Smith in "Brilliance". Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch are also rumored to be in contention for the role.
Casting is expected to start in a month or two, while production is scheduled to begin in spring 2015. No specific release date has been set for the film at this time.
After "Deliver Us from Evil" hits U.S. theaters on July 2, Ramirez will next be seen in "The Liberator" and "Hands of Stone".
More Doctor Strange News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture