Report: Edgar Ramirez in Talks to Join 'Dr. Strange'
Edgar Ramirez has hinted that he may be cast in "Dr. Strange". While chatting with IGN about his upcoming supernatural thriller "Deliver Us from Evil", the Venezuelan actor revealed that he had been "talking" with director Scott Derrickson about joining the Marvel film. "We're talking. We've been talking," he cryptically said.
Marvel is currently still looking for a perfect actor to play Stephen Strange a.k.a. Dr. Strange. Jared Leto has been mentioned as a possible frontrunner for the title role, especially after new reports emerged saying that he wouldn't be replacing Will Smith in "Brilliance". Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch are also rumored to be in contention for the role.
Casting is expected to start in a month or two, while production is scheduled to begin in spring 2015. No specific release date has been set for the film at this time.
After "Deliver Us from Evil" hits U.S. theaters on July 2, Ramirez will next be seen in "The Liberator" and "Hands of Stone".
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons