Report: Edgar Ramirez in Talks to Join 'Dr. Strange'
Edgar Ramirez has hinted that he may be cast in "Dr. Strange". While chatting with IGN about his upcoming supernatural thriller "Deliver Us from Evil", the Venezuelan actor revealed that he had been "talking" with director Scott Derrickson about joining the Marvel film. "We're talking. We've been talking," he cryptically said.
Marvel is currently still looking for a perfect actor to play Stephen Strange a.k.a. Dr. Strange. Jared Leto has been mentioned as a possible frontrunner for the title role, especially after new reports emerged saying that he wouldn't be replacing Will Smith in "Brilliance". Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch are also rumored to be in contention for the role.
Casting is expected to start in a month or two, while production is scheduled to begin in spring 2015. No specific release date has been set for the film at this time.
After "Deliver Us from Evil" hits U.S. theaters on July 2, Ramirez will next be seen in "The Liberator" and "Hands of Stone".
More Doctor Strange News
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass