Kim Kardashian: Boycotting Beverly Hills Hotel Isn't the Best Solution
Kim Kardashian has reconsidered her decision to join boycott against Beverly Hills hotel. Some Hollywood figures previously called for boycott for the hotel, which is owned by the Sultan of Brunei, after the sultan implemented Islamic law which gives harsh punishment for adulterer and homosexuals.
In an open letter she posted on her site on June 23, the reality star said she backpedalled on her decision after she had a conversation with her best friend Allison. "Allison shared with me her view on the situation and we 100% agree that the actions and law enforcements of the Sultan are completely against everything we believe in," she wrote.
"However, I started to realize that maybe boycotting the hotel isn't the best solution either. For a sultan that has 20 billion dollars, this loss of business doesn't even make a dent in his fortunes. But the hotel staff are being negatively affected every day with the boycott that has gone on for weeks now... We shouldn't punish the amazing hard-working people who have been so good to us for years," the reality star continued, adding that the hotel was her "safe haven" when she was pregnant and that she was close to some staffers at the hotel.
Stating her support to Rose McGowan and Russell Crowe's opinions on the matter, she said, "The unjust treatment and violation of rights of the LGBT community around the world is never justified and I will continue to proudly support the LGBT community in every way imaginable." The "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star believes "there has to be another solution" for the issue.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed