Kim Kardashian: Boycotting Beverly Hills Hotel Isn't the Best Solution
Kim Kardashian has reconsidered her decision to join boycott against Beverly Hills hotel. Some Hollywood figures previously called for boycott for the hotel, which is owned by the Sultan of Brunei, after the sultan implemented Islamic law which gives harsh punishment for adulterer and homosexuals.
In an open letter she posted on her site on June 23, the reality star said she backpedalled on her decision after she had a conversation with her best friend Allison. "Allison shared with me her view on the situation and we 100% agree that the actions and law enforcements of the Sultan are completely against everything we believe in," she wrote.
"However, I started to realize that maybe boycotting the hotel isn't the best solution either. For a sultan that has 20 billion dollars, this loss of business doesn't even make a dent in his fortunes. But the hotel staff are being negatively affected every day with the boycott that has gone on for weeks now... We shouldn't punish the amazing hard-working people who have been so good to us for years," the reality star continued, adding that the hotel was her "safe haven" when she was pregnant and that she was close to some staffers at the hotel.
Stating her support to Rose McGowan and Russell Crowe's opinions on the matter, she said, "The unjust treatment and violation of rights of the LGBT community around the world is never justified and I will continue to proudly support the LGBT community in every way imaginable." The "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star believes "there has to be another solution" for the issue.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- Rihanna, Beyonce and More Thank Barack and Michelle Obama With Adorable Posts
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day