Jhene Aiko Premieres New Single 'To Love and Die' Ft. Cocaine 80s
Just hours after its preview was released on her Instagram, Jhene Aiko's new single called "To Love and Die" arrived in full. Premiered on Monday, June 23 by DJ Pup Dawg, the track features Cocaine 80s and production from No ID.
In the dark and melodic number, Aiko talks about wanting to do anything for a man she loves. She also quotes the lyrics of 50 Cent's "Many Men" in the song, singing, "Now many men/ Many, many, many men, wish death upon me/ Have mercy on me."
"To Love and Die" comes as the first offering from Aiko's upcoming debut album, "Souled Out". The record, which will follow up last year's "Sail Out (EP)", is scheduled to be released this summer.
Aiko has been announced as a performer at 2014 BET Awards, which is set to air from L.A.'s Nokia Theatre on Sunday, June 29. She's expected to give a live performance of her new single during the event.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service