Jhene Aiko Premieres New Single 'To Love and Die' Ft. Cocaine 80s
Just hours after its preview was released on her Instagram, Jhene Aiko's new single called "To Love and Die" arrived in full. Premiered on Monday, June 23 by DJ Pup Dawg, the track features Cocaine 80s and production from No ID.
In the dark and melodic number, Aiko talks about wanting to do anything for a man she loves. She also quotes the lyrics of 50 Cent's "Many Men" in the song, singing, "Now many men/ Many, many, many men, wish death upon me/ Have mercy on me."
"To Love and Die" comes as the first offering from Aiko's upcoming debut album, "Souled Out". The record, which will follow up last year's "Sail Out (EP)", is scheduled to be released this summer.
Aiko has been announced as a performer at 2014 BET Awards, which is set to air from L.A.'s Nokia Theatre on Sunday, June 29. She's expected to give a live performance of her new single during the event.
More Jhene Aiko News
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Lil Wayne Ends Idaho Show After Fan Throws Drink at Him - Watch the Footage
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Keke Palmer Flaunts Nipple Piercings as She Parties in Skintight Dress
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Step Out for Lunch Date After She Dishes on Their First Date on 'Ellen'