Hope Solo Pleads Not Guilty to Assaulting Sister, Nephew
Soccer star Hope Solo has pleaded not guilty to domestic violence charges following an arrest over the weekend. The former contestant on "Dancing with the Stars" entered the plea when she appeared in Kirkland Municipal Court on Monday, June 23.
During the court meeting, her attorney Todd Maybrown said that the Olympian was a victim in the alleged domestic altercation. "She was hit over the head with a broom handle," he told the court, as quoted by Chicago Tribune.
The national team goalkeeper was released without bail following the court appearance. She was ordered not to contact her sister and nephew and to avoid drinking alcohol. A pre-trial hearing has been scheduled for August 11.
Solo's legal trouble started on Saturday when the police received a report of disturbance at a home in Seattle, Washington. When the officers arrived, Solo's sister and 17-year-old nephew appeared to have suffered from some injuries to their faces while the athlete seemed "intoxicated and upset."
According to police affidavit, Solo and her nephew had heated exchange after she insulted his weight and called him crazy. The argument then escalated into a fight. Solo allegedly attacked her sister when she stepped in. At one point, the nephew took a wooden broom which he "broke over (Solo's) head" to stop the fight.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage