Hope Solo Pleads Not Guilty to Assaulting Sister, Nephew
Soccer star Hope Solo has pleaded not guilty to domestic violence charges following an arrest over the weekend. The former contestant on "Dancing with the Stars" entered the plea when she appeared in Kirkland Municipal Court on Monday, June 23.
During the court meeting, her attorney Todd Maybrown said that the Olympian was a victim in the alleged domestic altercation. "She was hit over the head with a broom handle," he told the court, as quoted by Chicago Tribune.
The national team goalkeeper was released without bail following the court appearance. She was ordered not to contact her sister and nephew and to avoid drinking alcohol. A pre-trial hearing has been scheduled for August 11.
Solo's legal trouble started on Saturday when the police received a report of disturbance at a home in Seattle, Washington. When the officers arrived, Solo's sister and 17-year-old nephew appeared to have suffered from some injuries to their faces while the athlete seemed "intoxicated and upset."
According to police affidavit, Solo and her nephew had heated exchange after she insulted his weight and called him crazy. The argument then escalated into a fight. Solo allegedly attacked her sister when she stepped in. At one point, the nephew took a wooden broom which he "broke over (Solo's) head" to stop the fight.
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape