Jared Leto Will Not Star in 'Brilliance'
Jared Leto is no longer expected to join the cast and crew of "Brilliance", Nikki Finke has learned. The 30 Seconds to Mars vocalist met with the film's director Julius Onah early last week and said he was interested in the project before he changed his mind.
Leto is not the first actor who has turned down the lead role in the flick based on the book of the same title by author Marcus Sakey. Will Smith was previously attached to play a federal agent named Nick Cooper before he exited the project to work on another feature film.
"Brilliance" is set in a world where rare people called Brilliants are born with special abilities. Using his abilities, Cooper tries to save the world from a dangerous Brilliant who plans to ignite a civil war. "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" and "Prometheus" fame Noomi Rapace has signed on to play the female lead.
Had Leto replaced Smith, it would have been his first major starring role since winning the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for "Dallas Buyers Club" earlier this year. Meanwhile, rumors suggest the actor/singer is currently eyed to play the lead in Marvel's "Dr. Strange".
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby