All 'American Idol' Judges and Ryan Seacrest Sign Up for Season 14
"American Idol" has announced the line-up for its 14th installment. It's officially announced that all three judges from season 13, Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr., as well as host Ryan Seacrest, will return for next season.
"Jennifer, Keith, Harry and Ryan are the very best in the business at what they do, and I'm thrilled that they are returning to American Idol for another season," says 21st Century Fox senior exec vp David Hill. "Each brings unique qualities and expertise to the team, but they all share the same passion for helping undiscovered singers achieve the American dream."
Creator and executive producer Simon Fuller adds, "I am thrilled our consummate host, Mr. Ryan Seacrest, is returning for Season 14, together with Jennifer, Harry and Keith. Their interaction, warmth and experience made them an absolute joy to watch. I can't wait to see their evolution together continue next season."
Executive producer Trish Kinane says that the judges' "experience, humor and passion for new talent has made them one of Idol's strongest-ever judging panels, and coupled with the expertise and charisma of Ryan Seacrest, we are ready to get out there to find the best talent in America."
Connick Jr. and Seacrest had previously been locked for season 14, while J.Lo and Urban had been expected to return as well. Seacrest's new deal will keep him on the show for at least the next two years should FOX renew the singing competition series for a 15th season.
"Idol" will be trimmed from more than 50 episodes to 37 in season 14. Auditions for the new season are currently underway, with the next stops including New Orleans on June 25, Long Island, N.Y. on July 23, Nashville on July 30, and San Francisco on September 29.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed