Conan O'Brien Pays Back Taxes to Save Rhode Island Home
Conan O'Brien recently paid back taxes and saved his home from auction. As reported by The Westerly Sun, a property in Westerly shore, Rhode Island which belongs to the actor's family was included in one of items to be auctioned on Tuesday, June 24 due to delinquent tax bills. The house, which is valued at $723,000, subsequently was removed from the list after O'Brien paid the $8,000 he owed on Friday.
After the story made headlines, O'Brien released a statement on Monday, saying that the bill issue was caused by a simple mix up. "As soon as I was made aware that the tax bill on my parents' house was being mailed to the wrong address, I paid the bill immediately. The problem has been corrected. I am grateful to the reporter at the Westerly Sun who spotted this error and notified me," he said.
O'Brien's publicist Drew Shane previously released similar info, blaming clerical mishap for the debt. "Due to a clerical error as a result of my accounting firm in Los Angeles moving offices, we have never received any notice about this tax bill," Shane told the publication.
O'Brien has been hosting his late-night show "CONAN" on PBS since 2010. Prior to the gig, he worked as a writer on "Saturday Night Live" and hosted "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" from 1993 to 2009.
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video