Kristen Stewart Reportedly Threatens to Sue Joan Rivers for Defamation
Kristen Stewart reportedly has threatened to sue Joan Rivers after the "Fashion Police" star suggested in her new book that the actress landed roles in movies because she slept with directors. According to TMZ, Stewart's camp has contacted the comedian, threatening to sue her for defamation unless she removes the part.
Rivers' camp explains that the book is meant for laughs and it is stated in the prologue. A source close to the 81-year-old entertainer additionally tells the site that Stewart probably will not pursue the case because so far there is no more contact from her.
Earlier this month, an excerpt from Rivers' book "Diary of a Mad Diva" emerged online. In a part of the book, Rivers poked fun at Stewart's relationship with married director Rupert Sanders who worked with her in "Snow White and the Huntsman". "Many stars only do one thing well. Of course, the best one-trick pony is Kristen Stewart, who got a whole career by being able to juggle directors' balls," she wrote, as reported by Page Six.
In addition to Stewart, Rivers mentioned Paris Hilton and Angelina Jolie. "It's all over the news that Angelina Jolie had a double mastectomy to prevent getting cancer. I think Paris Hilton should... step up to the plate and try to prevent STDs. It would be so easy for her. All she would have to do is have her knees fused together," she said in the book.
More Kristen Stewart News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy