Kristen Stewart Reportedly Threatens to Sue Joan Rivers for Defamation
Kristen Stewart reportedly has threatened to sue Joan Rivers after the "Fashion Police" star suggested in her new book that the actress landed roles in movies because she slept with directors. According to TMZ, Stewart's camp has contacted the comedian, threatening to sue her for defamation unless she removes the part.
Rivers' camp explains that the book is meant for laughs and it is stated in the prologue. A source close to the 81-year-old entertainer additionally tells the site that Stewart probably will not pursue the case because so far there is no more contact from her.
Earlier this month, an excerpt from Rivers' book "Diary of a Mad Diva" emerged online. In a part of the book, Rivers poked fun at Stewart's relationship with married director Rupert Sanders who worked with her in "Snow White and the Huntsman". "Many stars only do one thing well. Of course, the best one-trick pony is Kristen Stewart, who got a whole career by being able to juggle directors' balls," she wrote, as reported by Page Six.
In addition to Stewart, Rivers mentioned Paris Hilton and Angelina Jolie. "It's all over the news that Angelina Jolie had a double mastectomy to prevent getting cancer. I think Paris Hilton should... step up to the plate and try to prevent STDs. It would be so easy for her. All she would have to do is have her knees fused together," she said in the book.
More Kristen Stewart News
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'