Kelsey Grammer Wants to Reprise Role as Beast in Next 'X-Men' Films
Kelsey Grammer is hoping that he'll get to play Beast again in the upcoming "X-Men" movies. In a new interview, the actor revealed that he hoped there'd be another installment where his mutant character could appear in.
"I hope to do another," Grammer, who's promoting his forthcoming film "Transformers: Age of Extinction", told Collider. "I hope they find some way to come up with a new story that involves Beast in my timeline."
Grammer appeared as Beast in 2006's "X-Men: The Last Stand", but he didn't get the chance to reprise the role in 2011's "X-Men: First Class" as the film focused more on the younger version of Beast that's played by Nicholas Hoult.
He eventually made a cameo alongside fellow original cast members in "X-Men: Days of Future Past", which was released late last month, after he personally called director Bryan Singer. "Actually I called Bryan," he explained. "I bumped into Hugh Jackman and he said, 'Oh you're gonna be in another 'X-Men', mate!' and I said, 'No I'm not, I don't know anything about it.' "
"So I made a couple of inquiries, got a hold of the script, found out that it's primarily dealing with the past and that timeline I don't have a place in, but I saw that at the end there was this coda where he made an appearance. I said, 'Listen, I really wanna be involved,' so Bryan arranged for it and I had a lovely time," he added.
The next "X-Men" film would be "X-Men: Apocalypse". It will set in the 1980s and will primarily feature the cast of "X-Men: First Class". However, Grammer's appearance is still possible as screenwriter Simon Kinberg has confirmed that some of the original cast would be involved.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service