Kelsey Grammer Wants to Reprise Role as Beast in Next 'X-Men' Films
Kelsey Grammer is hoping that he'll get to play Beast again in the upcoming "X-Men" movies. In a new interview, the actor revealed that he hoped there'd be another installment where his mutant character could appear in.
"I hope to do another," Grammer, who's promoting his forthcoming film "Transformers: Age of Extinction", told Collider. "I hope they find some way to come up with a new story that involves Beast in my timeline."
Grammer appeared as Beast in 2006's "X-Men: The Last Stand", but he didn't get the chance to reprise the role in 2011's "X-Men: First Class" as the film focused more on the younger version of Beast that's played by Nicholas Hoult.
He eventually made a cameo alongside fellow original cast members in "X-Men: Days of Future Past", which was released late last month, after he personally called director Bryan Singer. "Actually I called Bryan," he explained. "I bumped into Hugh Jackman and he said, 'Oh you're gonna be in another 'X-Men', mate!' and I said, 'No I'm not, I don't know anything about it.' "
"So I made a couple of inquiries, got a hold of the script, found out that it's primarily dealing with the past and that timeline I don't have a place in, but I saw that at the end there was this coda where he made an appearance. I said, 'Listen, I really wanna be involved,' so Bryan arranged for it and I had a lovely time," he added.
The next "X-Men" film would be "X-Men: Apocalypse". It will set in the 1980s and will primarily feature the cast of "X-Men: First Class". However, Grammer's appearance is still possible as screenwriter Simon Kinberg has confirmed that some of the original cast would be involved.
More Kelsey Grammer News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce