John Legend Gets Mistaken for Criminal at Airport
John Legend often had problems entering Canada because officials mistook him for a criminal. The "All of Me" singer shared the story to his Twitter followers on Friday, June 20 as he headed to the country. He suggested that he had problems entering the country because he shared the same name with someone with criminal record.
"Heading to Canada now. Somebody help me out at immigration please," he wrote. "I've told this story before but some of y'all are new... #canadaimmigration. Somebody with my first and last name (John Stephens) but not my birthdate, SS# or anything else, has a criminal record. And I get flagged. I ONLY get flagged in Canada, none of the other 100-something countries in the world."
In the next post, Legend suggested that immigration officials were aware of the identity mix up, so his recent trip to the country went well. "I made it through Canadian immigration with no problems this morning. The power of twitter?" he said.
On Saturday night, Chrissy Teigen's other half performed at the 25th Winnipeg International Jazz Festival at Burton Cumming's theatre. "I want this show to feel like your just hanging out in my living room, just chillin' with me," he told the audience, as reported by ChrisD.ca. At the gig, he performed tracks from 2013's "Love In the Future" in addition to other songs.
On Sunday, he performed at SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival. "What a beautiful night at @saskjazz! Thank you Saskatoon!! #AllOfMeTour," he tweeted.
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover