John Legend Gets Mistaken for Criminal at Airport
John Legend often had problems entering Canada because officials mistook him for a criminal. The "All of Me" singer shared the story to his Twitter followers on Friday, June 20 as he headed to the country. He suggested that he had problems entering the country because he shared the same name with someone with criminal record.
"Heading to Canada now. Somebody help me out at immigration please," he wrote. "I've told this story before but some of y'all are new... #canadaimmigration. Somebody with my first and last name (John Stephens) but not my birthdate, SS# or anything else, has a criminal record. And I get flagged. I ONLY get flagged in Canada, none of the other 100-something countries in the world."
In the next post, Legend suggested that immigration officials were aware of the identity mix up, so his recent trip to the country went well. "I made it through Canadian immigration with no problems this morning. The power of twitter?" he said.
On Saturday night, Chrissy Teigen's other half performed at the 25th Winnipeg International Jazz Festival at Burton Cumming's theatre. "I want this show to feel like your just hanging out in my living room, just chillin' with me," he told the audience, as reported by ChrisD.ca. At the gig, he performed tracks from 2013's "Love In the Future" in addition to other songs.
On Sunday, he performed at SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival. "What a beautiful night at @saskjazz! Thank you Saskatoon!! #AllOfMeTour," he tweeted.
More John Legend News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says