'Maleficent' Crosses $500 Million Mark, Becomes Angelina Jolie's Best
"Maleficent" officially crossed the $500 million mark this past weekend on the worldwide box office. It became Angelina Jolie's highest-grossing live-action film of all time, not counting for inflation.
This week, the Sleeping Beauty tale added $44.7 million to its haul from 54 foreign territories. The film gave its thanks largely to the opening in China which contributed $20.3 million. In North America, it earned additional $13 million for a domestic total of $186 million. In conclusion, "Maleficent" has earned $335.6 million internationally and $521.6 million worldwide.
"Maleficent" is predicted to perform even better in the coming weeks with Japan still to open on July 4. The film is yet to open in many major European markets due to the shifted interest into the World Cup. The top international markets for the film are Mexico ($40.4 million), Russia ($34.8 million), the U.K. ($25.7 million) and Brazil ($24.2 million).
Jolie's previous best was "Mr and Mrs Smith" which took in $478.2 million worldwide in 2005.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake