'Maleficent' Crosses $500 Million Mark, Becomes Angelina Jolie's Best
"Maleficent" officially crossed the $500 million mark this past weekend on the worldwide box office. It became Angelina Jolie's highest-grossing live-action film of all time, not counting for inflation.
This week, the Sleeping Beauty tale added $44.7 million to its haul from 54 foreign territories. The film gave its thanks largely to the opening in China which contributed $20.3 million. In North America, it earned additional $13 million for a domestic total of $186 million. In conclusion, "Maleficent" has earned $335.6 million internationally and $521.6 million worldwide.
"Maleficent" is predicted to perform even better in the coming weeks with Japan still to open on July 4. The film is yet to open in many major European markets due to the shifted interest into the World Cup. The top international markets for the film are Mexico ($40.4 million), Russia ($34.8 million), the U.K. ($25.7 million) and Brazil ($24.2 million).
Jolie's previous best was "Mr and Mrs Smith" which took in $478.2 million worldwide in 2005.
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off