'Maleficent' Crosses $500 Million Mark, Becomes Angelina Jolie's Best
"Maleficent" officially crossed the $500 million mark this past weekend on the worldwide box office. It became Angelina Jolie's highest-grossing live-action film of all time, not counting for inflation.
This week, the Sleeping Beauty tale added $44.7 million to its haul from 54 foreign territories. The film gave its thanks largely to the opening in China which contributed $20.3 million. In North America, it earned additional $13 million for a domestic total of $186 million. In conclusion, "Maleficent" has earned $335.6 million internationally and $521.6 million worldwide.
"Maleficent" is predicted to perform even better in the coming weeks with Japan still to open on July 4. The film is yet to open in many major European markets due to the shifted interest into the World Cup. The top international markets for the film are Mexico ($40.4 million), Russia ($34.8 million), the U.K. ($25.7 million) and Brazil ($24.2 million).
Jolie's previous best was "Mr and Mrs Smith" which took in $478.2 million worldwide in 2005.
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?