'Maleficent' Crosses $500 Million Mark, Becomes Angelina Jolie's Best
"Maleficent" officially crossed the $500 million mark this past weekend on the worldwide box office. It became Angelina Jolie's highest-grossing live-action film of all time, not counting for inflation.
This week, the Sleeping Beauty tale added $44.7 million to its haul from 54 foreign territories. The film gave its thanks largely to the opening in China which contributed $20.3 million. In North America, it earned additional $13 million for a domestic total of $186 million. In conclusion, "Maleficent" has earned $335.6 million internationally and $521.6 million worldwide.
"Maleficent" is predicted to perform even better in the coming weeks with Japan still to open on July 4. The film is yet to open in many major European markets due to the shifted interest into the World Cup. The top international markets for the film are Mexico ($40.4 million), Russia ($34.8 million), the U.K. ($25.7 million) and Brazil ($24.2 million).
Jolie's previous best was "Mr and Mrs Smith" which took in $478.2 million worldwide in 2005.
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly