'Maleficent' Crosses $500 Million Mark, Becomes Angelina Jolie's Best
"Maleficent" officially crossed the $500 million mark this past weekend on the worldwide box office. It became Angelina Jolie's highest-grossing live-action film of all time, not counting for inflation.
This week, the Sleeping Beauty tale added $44.7 million to its haul from 54 foreign territories. The film gave its thanks largely to the opening in China which contributed $20.3 million. In North America, it earned additional $13 million for a domestic total of $186 million. In conclusion, "Maleficent" has earned $335.6 million internationally and $521.6 million worldwide.
"Maleficent" is predicted to perform even better in the coming weeks with Japan still to open on July 4. The film is yet to open in many major European markets due to the shifted interest into the World Cup. The top international markets for the film are Mexico ($40.4 million), Russia ($34.8 million), the U.K. ($25.7 million) and Brazil ($24.2 million).
Jolie's previous best was "Mr and Mrs Smith" which took in $478.2 million worldwide in 2005.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'