'Think Like a Man Too' Wins Weekend Box Office With $30 Million
Kevin Hart's "Think Like a Man Too" rose as a Box Office champion this weekend as it accumulated an estimated $30 million from 2,225 domestic screens. The dramedy was made on a $24 million budget, making this a stellar performance from Sony Pictures and Screen Gems.
"It's not bad being number one," said Rory Bruer, Sony Pictures president of worldwide distribution. "The girls versus the guys element and getting the perspective of both sexes is something that's always appealing to folks."
However, the number could not match the first film's debut weekend of $33.6 million. "Think Like a Man" was released back in April 2012, the weekend before the start of the summer season where competition is low. Yet, the overall box office is down 37.4% from the same time frame last year when "World War Z" was raging the cinemas.
"It's pretty lackluster overall, but especially looking at the same weekend last year," said Phil Contrino, vice president and chief analyst at BoxOffice.com. "These were not good comparisons."
Last week's winner "22 Jump Street" landed at number 2 with an estimated $29 million while "How to Train Your Dragon 2" sat at number 3 with approximately $25.3 million. The weekend's other new release "Jersey Boys" took the fourth position after a disappointing $13.5 million income. Rounding up the top 5 was "Maleficent" which added approximately $13 million in its fourth weekend.
- "Think Like a Man Too" - $30 million
- "22 Jump Street" - $29 million
- "How to Train Your Dragon 2" - $25.3 million
- "Jersey Boys" - $13.5 million
- "Maleficent" - $13 million
- "Edge of Tomorrow" - $10.3 million
- "The Fault in Our Stars" - $8.6 million
- "X-Men:Days of Future Past" - $6.2 million
- "Chef (2014)" - $1.8 million
- "Godzilla" - $1.8 million
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed