PETA Slams Lady GaGa for Dressing Up Pet Pooch With Heavy Jewelry
Lady GaGa quickly landed on People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)'s radar as photos of her dog dressing up were posted on Instagram. The "Applause" hitmaker was criticized for making her pet pooch Asia wear weighty jewelry and earrings.
"Lady GaGa may choose to decorate herself with elaborate and even uncomfortable outfits, but Asia doesn't get to make that choice," PETA said in a statement, adding, "Although it seems pretty clear that Lady GaGa loves Asia, we think Asia - and all dogs - are adorable without all the added flair."
GaGa snapped a picture of the French bulldog wearing a chainmail necklace over its face and captioned it, "Little McQueen." Other pictures showed the dog wearing heavy earrings on both its ears and a jewel-full necklace over its neck.
''We are shocked to see the pictures of his puppy adorned with heavy jewellery," Dog's Trust veterinary director Paula Boyden said. ''Dressing dogs in pseudo-human clothing not only ridicules and makes a spectacle of them but treats them as a fashion accessory rather than a living animal.''
The photos also did not sit well with the social media. "Let the poor doggy go," an Instagram user by the name of Babyamada0901 wrote. But many of GaGa's fans also defended her, writing, "People should start growing up. The dog is just fine omfg."
More Lady GaGa News
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel
- Are Miranda Kerr and Husband Evan Spiegel Expecting a Baby?