PETA Slams Lady GaGa for Dressing Up Pet Pooch With Heavy Jewelry
Lady GaGa quickly landed on People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)'s radar as photos of her dog dressing up were posted on Instagram. The "Applause" hitmaker was criticized for making her pet pooch Asia wear weighty jewelry and earrings.
"Lady GaGa may choose to decorate herself with elaborate and even uncomfortable outfits, but Asia doesn't get to make that choice," PETA said in a statement, adding, "Although it seems pretty clear that Lady GaGa loves Asia, we think Asia - and all dogs - are adorable without all the added flair."
GaGa snapped a picture of the French bulldog wearing a chainmail necklace over its face and captioned it, "Little McQueen." Other pictures showed the dog wearing heavy earrings on both its ears and a jewel-full necklace over its neck.
''We are shocked to see the pictures of his puppy adorned with heavy jewellery," Dog's Trust veterinary director Paula Boyden said. ''Dressing dogs in pseudo-human clothing not only ridicules and makes a spectacle of them but treats them as a fashion accessory rather than a living animal.''
The photos also did not sit well with the social media. "Let the poor doggy go," an Instagram user by the name of Babyamada0901 wrote. But many of GaGa's fans also defended her, writing, "People should start growing up. The dog is just fine omfg."
More Lady GaGa News
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs