Hope Solo Arrested for Alleged Domestic Violence
Hope Solo landed in trouble. The soccer star who once participated on "Dancing with the Stars" was arrested on domestic assault charges on early Saturday, June 21. The Olympic gold medalist was accused of assaulting her sister and nephew at a home in Seattle, Washington.
Police came to the house in response to a 911 call for disturbance. The athlete appeared "intoxicated and upset" when the officers arrived at the scene. His nephew and sister had visible injuries. According to witnesses, she was the "primary aggressor and had instigated the assault."
"There was a big party going on at her house. It was an out-of-control situation," a law enforcement source said. The Olympian is being held in jail and being investigated for two counts of domestic violence assault. She is due in court on Monday.
"Hope is not guilty of any crime,'' her lawyer Todd Maybrown said. "In fact, our investigation reveals that Hope was assaulted and injured during this unfortunate incident. We look forward to the opportunity to present the true facts in court and to having this matter behind Hope very soon."
Hope plays for the Seattle Reign. "We are aware of the situation with Hope and are now gathering information," the team tweeted. Her sister who became the alleged victim was not identified by police, but in her memoir, Solo says that she has a half sister named Terry.
The soccer player is no stranger to controversy. Just before her wedding in 2012, she was involved in an alleged fight with her beau, NFL player Jerramy Stevens, that led to his arrest. But he was eventually released and they married as initially planned.
She once also accused her "DWTS" partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy of hitting her.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed