Rapper ScHoolboy Q Was Targeted in Denver Shooting
A shooting that involved ScHoolboy Q Thursday, June 19 in Denver was likely not random. Authorities are trying to determine a motive behind the attack that happened in a parking lot outside the historic Red Rocks amphitheater after a concert.
"This is not just a coincidence. We think there is probably more to it than that," said Jacki Kelley, a spokeswoman for the Jefferson County sheriff's office, in a statement to The Associated Press. "It does seem to be more targeted than random."
No arrest has been made. The suspect, described only as being six feet tall, reportedly opened fire with a rifle and managed to flee the scene. The rapper and his pals allegedly drove 15 miles in search of a hospital before being stopped by police.
The rapper was initially arrested before police determined he was not a suspect. The rapper was uninjured, but three other people in the vehicle he was in suffered non-life threatening wounds. One of them was released from hospital on Friday.
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'