Rapper ScHoolboy Q Was Targeted in Denver Shooting
A shooting that involved ScHoolboy Q Thursday, June 19 in Denver was likely not random. Authorities are trying to determine a motive behind the attack that happened in a parking lot outside the historic Red Rocks amphitheater after a concert.
"This is not just a coincidence. We think there is probably more to it than that," said Jacki Kelley, a spokeswoman for the Jefferson County sheriff's office, in a statement to The Associated Press. "It does seem to be more targeted than random."
No arrest has been made. The suspect, described only as being six feet tall, reportedly opened fire with a rifle and managed to flee the scene. The rapper and his pals allegedly drove 15 miles in search of a hospital before being stopped by police.
The rapper was initially arrested before police determined he was not a suspect. The rapper was uninjured, but three other people in the vehicle he was in suffered non-life threatening wounds. One of them was released from hospital on Friday.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle