Harrison Ford Spotted in Wheelchair After 'Star Wars' Accident
The first picture of Harrison Ford after he got injured on the filming location of "Star Wars Episode VII" has emerged online. The 71-year-old actor is seen sporting a cast on one of his legs and being pushed in a wheelchair by an aide while preparing to leave the U.K.
Ford was airlifted from Pinewood Studios to a hospital in Oxford after a hydraulic door to Millennium Falcon allegedly fell on him. He broke his left leg and later underwent surgery. He is now heading home to begin rehabilitation and will take a break for at least two months for recovery.
The actor is reprising his iconic role as Han Solo in the new installation of "Star Wars" movie directed by J.J. Abrams. Slated for a December 18, 2015 release, the movie is also being shot in Abu Dhabi.
Before the "Star Wars" accident happened, Ford joked in an interview with the Daily Express newspaper that he felt like a "battered old" car. "And I keep on coming back for more. If it doesn't look real on the screen than an audience does not believe what it sees," he said.
He insisted he knew his limits when it came to movie stunts, "Although I do my own running, jumping and falling, I always try to keep myself from being hurt. So I know what will work and what won't."
More Harrison Ford News
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad