Katie Couric Marries Fiance John Molner in the Hamptons
Katie Couric has just got married. The TV personality, 57, tied the knot with John Molner Saturday, June 21 in an intimate ceremony at her home in the Hamptons. "So excited to make my debut as Mrs. John Molner!" she tweeted after saying "I do."
The bride donned an ivory crystal beaded and embroidered Chantilly lace halter gown designed by Carmen Marc Valvo. It's the second marriage for the talk-show host. Her first husband Jay Monahan died at 42 in 1998 due to colon cancer.
Couric's daughters Ellie Monahan, 22, and Carrie Monahan, 17, attended the nuptials and so did Molner's children Allie and Henry. The groom's nieces and nephews served as ring bearers and flower girls, and the couple's friend John Ellis officiated the wedding.
Couric and Molner also got engaged in the Hamptons. He proposed to her at sunset on the beach over the Labor Day weekend last year. "I was stunned," she said back then. "It took a long time for my brain to process what was going on."
"I made sure to call Jay's siblings - and he was one of seven kids - and they were all so happy for me. That made me even happier, that they were all so thrilled. It sort of feels like it gives me permission to feel the way I do now," she said.
Molner did most of the wedding preparation. Couric even asked him to help her choose the dress. "I hope this isn't bad luck but I actually tried it on for him," she told PEOPLE before the wedding. "I tried on a number of dresses and I was so busy. I had a crazy spring."
"I call him groomzilla," she joked to Wendy Williams of her then-fiance. "I'm so busy and he's great. He's a finance guy and he is methodical and get things done. I said, 'Do it! Do your thing!' And I have been involved - I met with the people for the music and picked some songs I want, strings playing guitar, violin, cello. I was involved with the invitations and all of that. I have been doing something."
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...