Katie Couric Marries Fiance John Molner in the Hamptons
Katie Couric has just got married. The TV personality, 57, tied the knot with John Molner Saturday, June 21 in an intimate ceremony at her home in the Hamptons. "So excited to make my debut as Mrs. John Molner!" she tweeted after saying "I do."
The bride donned an ivory crystal beaded and embroidered Chantilly lace halter gown designed by Carmen Marc Valvo. It's the second marriage for the talk-show host. Her first husband Jay Monahan died at 42 in 1998 due to colon cancer.
Couric's daughters Ellie Monahan, 22, and Carrie Monahan, 17, attended the nuptials and so did Molner's children Allie and Henry. The groom's nieces and nephews served as ring bearers and flower girls, and the couple's friend John Ellis officiated the wedding.
Couric and Molner also got engaged in the Hamptons. He proposed to her at sunset on the beach over the Labor Day weekend last year. "I was stunned," she said back then. "It took a long time for my brain to process what was going on."
"I made sure to call Jay's siblings - and he was one of seven kids - and they were all so happy for me. That made me even happier, that they were all so thrilled. It sort of feels like it gives me permission to feel the way I do now," she said.
Molner did most of the wedding preparation. Couric even asked him to help her choose the dress. "I hope this isn't bad luck but I actually tried it on for him," she told PEOPLE before the wedding. "I tried on a number of dresses and I was so busy. I had a crazy spring."
"I call him groomzilla," she joked to Wendy Williams of her then-fiance. "I'm so busy and he's great. He's a finance guy and he is methodical and get things done. I said, 'Do it! Do your thing!' And I have been involved - I met with the people for the music and picked some songs I want, strings playing guitar, violin, cello. I was involved with the invitations and all of that. I have been doing something."
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why