Report: Yellowjacket to Antagonize Ant-Man in Upcoming Movie
An earlier report suggested Darren Cross and his cousin would be the bad guys in "Ant-Man" and one of them would don a suit with "yellow and black in color." While the previous speculation said the one with costume could be Crossfire, Baddas Digest now claims it's actually Yellowjacket.
In the comic book, Yellowjacket is one of Hank Pym's alter egos. However, the site notes that "this doesn't mean Hank Pym is the villain" since the scientist "is much more of a mentor to Scott Lang in this film." Paul Rudd will play Land, Michael Douglas is Pym, while Carey Stoll and Patrick Wilson are expected to take on the villainous roles.
Planned to arrive on July 17, 2015, the movie is directed by Peyton Reed who is hired to replace Edgar Wright. Adam McKay is tapped to rewrite the script by Wright and Joe Cornish. Despite the changes, producer Kevin Feige assures the superhero film will be released as scheduled.
"We start filming this August. Edgar Wright, who I've known for many years, who wrote the draft with Joe Cornish - much of the movie will still be based very much on that draft and the DNA of what Edgar has created up to this point, but Peyton Reed has stepped in [to direct]," he says to Total Film.
"Adam McKay, a very good writer is reworking parts of the script - not the entirety of the script, but some of it - and it's going to, we believe, come to life in the best version of Ant-Man that we could possibly make."
"Again Ant-Man is a very important character for us. We like that people don't necessarily know what it is, we like that it sounds sort of strange when you first hear the notion of Ant-Man, or a hero that can shrink, but he's a very key Marvel character: he's a key Avenger. He's an important character we want to bring into our universe and Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas and an amazing cast all set to start in August, we believe that we're on the road to the best version of Ant-Man that we could have."
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism