Video: Kanye West Gives Surprise Performance at David Chappelle's Radio City Show
Kanye West excited the crowd when he appeared at Dave Chappelle's stand-up show on Friday, June 20. The rapper, who wasn't announced as a guest performer, played a surprise mini-concert during the second of the comedian's 10-night show at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
West tackled his hits including "Jesus Walks", "Gold Digger" and "New Slaves". Midway through his performance of "Gold Digger", Kim Kardashian's husband jumped off the stage and rapped his verses in the middle of the crowd.
Chappelle kicked off his 10-night run at the Radio City Music Hall on Wednesday, June 18. Nas, The Roots, Busta Rhymes, DJ Premier, Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu have all been added to the line-up of guest performers.
Chappelle recently talked about meeting West for the first time during his visit to "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon". The 40-year-old entertainer gave the then-unknown rapper his first appearance on television as a musical guest on "The Dave Chappelle Show" back in 2003.
Chappelle recalled West taped his appearance on the show on the same day Jay-Z's "The Black Album" was released. They, along with Common and Talib Kweli, listened to the record at David Chappelle's studio.
"Jay-Z says on one record, 'Kanyeezy, you's a genius. You did it again,' " Chappelle said, referring to a track called "Lucifer". "And Kanye stood up - first time he spoke all day - and he goes, 'Stop the record and rewind THAT.' "
More Kanye West News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics