Selena Gomez Stalker Ordered to Seek Treatment in Mental Health Facility
A 20-year-old man who previously went to Selena Gomez's house twice is ordered to seek psychological treatment. The man named Che Cruz pleaded no contest to stalking the "Spring Breakers" star on Friday, June 20. Cruz then was ordered to stay at least 30 days in a mental health facility and get another 3-month treatment, TMZ reports. Cruz is also ordered to stay at least 200 yards away from Gomez and her home for the next 10 years.
Cruz's run-in with the law started when he was arrested in the "Come & Get It" singer's property in Calabasas in late March. Back then, Cruz went to the house when Gomez and a friend were reportedly at home. They heard strange noises and before they could contact the security team, Cruz rang the doorbell. Gomez's friend told him the star was not at home and he left. He later was found in a guest house.
Following the 30 March incident, Cruz was arrested again "near the vicinity" of the singer's house on April 4. He was only released from jail for a few hours when he went to Gomez's place.
The break-in case involving Cruz was not the first time Gomez dealt with persistent fans. On January, a man named Juan Garcia was arrested after the singer's family members reported that he crept around her Fernando Valley's Tarzana home.
More Selena Gomez News
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App