Selena Gomez Stalker Ordered to Seek Treatment in Mental Health Facility
A 20-year-old man who previously went to Selena Gomez's house twice is ordered to seek psychological treatment. The man named Che Cruz pleaded no contest to stalking the "Spring Breakers" star on Friday, June 20. Cruz then was ordered to stay at least 30 days in a mental health facility and get another 3-month treatment, TMZ reports. Cruz is also ordered to stay at least 200 yards away from Gomez and her home for the next 10 years.
Cruz's run-in with the law started when he was arrested in the "Come & Get It" singer's property in Calabasas in late March. Back then, Cruz went to the house when Gomez and a friend were reportedly at home. They heard strange noises and before they could contact the security team, Cruz rang the doorbell. Gomez's friend told him the star was not at home and he left. He later was found in a guest house.
Following the 30 March incident, Cruz was arrested again "near the vicinity" of the singer's house on April 4. He was only released from jail for a few hours when he went to Gomez's place.
The break-in case involving Cruz was not the first time Gomez dealt with persistent fans. On January, a man named Juan Garcia was arrested after the singer's family members reported that he crept around her Fernando Valley's Tarzana home.
More Selena Gomez News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture