John Lithgow and Alfred Molina Got Married in 'Love Is Strange' Trailer
A brilliant performance from John Lithgow and Alfred Molina is shown in the first trailer of "Love Is Strange". The drama, directed by Ira Sachs, is about a recently married same-sex couple who has to adjust to separate living situations after one of them gets the boot.
The trailer opens with Ben (Lithgow) and George (Molina) getting married in front of family and friends in New York City. George gets fired from his job as a Catholic school teacher, forcing the couple to seek refugees with their close knits. As a temporary solution, George moves in with the two gay cops next door, while Ben moves to Brooklyn to live with his nephew, Eliot; Eliot's wife, Kate; and their teenage son.
As Ben and George struggle to secure a new apartment, the pain of living apart and their presence in two foreign households test the resilience and relationships of all involved. The trailer highlights the couple's dilemma as well as the people who help them during the rough time.
"It's the most kind of modest, muted performance, and yet it's so full of every one of these characters. I mean, there are so many great actors in the film," Lithgow said after the film's premiere at Los Angeles Film Festival on Thursday, June 19.
Debuted at Sundance Film Festival earlier this year, "Love Is Strange" will open in limited theaters in the U.S. on August 22.
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does