John Lithgow and Alfred Molina Got Married in 'Love Is Strange' Trailer
A brilliant performance from John Lithgow and Alfred Molina is shown in the first trailer of "Love Is Strange". The drama, directed by Ira Sachs, is about a recently married same-sex couple who has to adjust to separate living situations after one of them gets the boot.
The trailer opens with Ben (Lithgow) and George (Molina) getting married in front of family and friends in New York City. George gets fired from his job as a Catholic school teacher, forcing the couple to seek refugees with their close knits. As a temporary solution, George moves in with the two gay cops next door, while Ben moves to Brooklyn to live with his nephew, Eliot; Eliot's wife, Kate; and their teenage son.
As Ben and George struggle to secure a new apartment, the pain of living apart and their presence in two foreign households test the resilience and relationships of all involved. The trailer highlights the couple's dilemma as well as the people who help them during the rough time.
"It's the most kind of modest, muted performance, and yet it's so full of every one of these characters. I mean, there are so many great actors in the film," Lithgow said after the film's premiere at Los Angeles Film Festival on Thursday, June 19.
Debuted at Sundance Film Festival earlier this year, "Love Is Strange" will open in limited theaters in the U.S. on August 22.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'