Rosario Dawson Lands Pivotal Role on Netflix's 'Daredevil'
Netflix's "Daredevil" series has added another star to its cast ensemble. The show has cast Rosario Dawson in a recurring role as a "dedicated young woman whose quest to heal the wounds of Hell's Kitchen brings Matt Murdock unexpectedly crashing into her life, while her own journey forever alters the course of his battle against the injustices of this broken city."
Jeph Loeb, Marvel's head of television, says in a statement announcing the her casting, "Rosario Dawson is one the most charismatic, talented and powerful actresses in Hollywood, so she was always at the top of our list for Marvel's Daredevil. Her role in the series is absolutely critical to Matt Murdock's journey to become the hero we know as Daredevil."
Dawson joins Charlie Cox, who lands the titular role a.k.a. the blind lawyer Murdock, and Vincent D'Onofrio, who is tapped to portray villainous Wilson Fisk a.k.a. The Kingpin.
Steven S. DeKnight has been tapped to replace Drew Goddard as showrunner, but Goddard will still be credited as executive producer and consultant. Filming is scheduled to take place this summer in New York for a 2015 premiere.
Dawson's big screen credits include "Sin City", "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief", "Unstoppable", "Zookeeper" and "Trance". She will reprise her role as Gail in "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" due out in U.S. theaters on August 22.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018