Rosario Dawson Lands Pivotal Role on Netflix's 'Daredevil'
Netflix's "Daredevil" series has added another star to its cast ensemble. The show has cast Rosario Dawson in a recurring role as a "dedicated young woman whose quest to heal the wounds of Hell's Kitchen brings Matt Murdock unexpectedly crashing into her life, while her own journey forever alters the course of his battle against the injustices of this broken city."
Jeph Loeb, Marvel's head of television, says in a statement announcing the her casting, "Rosario Dawson is one the most charismatic, talented and powerful actresses in Hollywood, so she was always at the top of our list for Marvel's Daredevil. Her role in the series is absolutely critical to Matt Murdock's journey to become the hero we know as Daredevil."
Dawson joins Charlie Cox, who lands the titular role a.k.a. the blind lawyer Murdock, and Vincent D'Onofrio, who is tapped to portray villainous Wilson Fisk a.k.a. The Kingpin.
Steven S. DeKnight has been tapped to replace Drew Goddard as showrunner, but Goddard will still be credited as executive producer and consultant. Filming is scheduled to take place this summer in New York for a 2015 premiere.
Dawson's big screen credits include "Sin City", "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief", "Unstoppable", "Zookeeper" and "Trance". She will reprise her role as Gail in "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" due out in U.S. theaters on August 22.
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera